New Induction Hob No Earth Terminal

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Turner

Reaction score
Hi all, hope someone can help.

Just purchased a zanusi induction hob and about to install it but I have noticed there's no earth terminal is that right?

There's N2 N1 L2 L1 but no ground / earth.

17094651832983727885940052517771.jpg

Is it safe to wire this up with no earth connection, there's no mention of earth or ground on the wiring diagram.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It looks as if the whole thing is in a plastic case. Is there a double insulated (square within a square) symbol anywhere at all on the appliance?

Hi all, hope someone can help.

Just purchased a zanusi induction hob and about to install it but I have noticed there's no earth terminal is that right?

There's N2 N1 L2 L1 but no ground / earth.

View attachment 16715

Is it safe to wire this up with no earth connection, there's no mention of earth or ground on the wiring diagram.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
scan the qr code. also look for the square withing the square it be double insulated then not requiring an earth

It looks as if the whole thing is in a plastic case. Is there a double insulated (square within a square) symbol anywhere at all on the appliance?
I didn't see one anywhere but the unit is as you say completely made out of plastic, it also came with a wired plug with just two core live and neutral.

If it is capable of operating from a 13A plug, then it is a pretty low power induction hob. Shame the quality makes have sunk this low.

If you see this class 2 symbol (⧈) on the rating plate on the hob, it doesn't require an earth connection.

If it came with a 2 pin plug is it legal for sale in the UK? Just wondering
It came with a 3 pin uk plug with 2 core live and neutral cable pre wired in the box however I don't need that as there's all ready twin and earth cable installed in the kitchen that I'll be using.

Fingers crossed you read reviews before you chose it

Black mark to zanussi for not confirming its class 2 . Simply saying UK plug supplied isn’t really good enough imho

From wickes it's a zanusi not sure of the model no

Wickes only list 5 Zanusi Induction hobs..
https://www.wickes.co.uk/search?q=I...e:Zanussi&text=INDUCTION+HOB&Zanussi=Zanussi#

maybe something such as this one??
https://www.wickes.co.uk/Zanussi-ZIBN646K-Induction-Hob-Black---60cm/p/139075#

It came with a 3 pin uk plug with 2 core live and neutral cable pre wired in the box however I don't need that as there's all ready twin and earth cable installed in the kitchen that I'll be using.

Erm... I do hope you are NOT intending connecting an unfused twin & earth cable directly onto this new hob???

Where will your 13A fuse be??

Wickes only list 5 Zanusi Induction hobs..
https://www.wickes.co.uk/search?q=INDUCTION+HOB:relevance:brandName:Zanussi&text=INDUCTION+HOB&Zanussi=Zanussi#

maybe something such as this one??
https://www.wickes.co.uk/Zanussi-ZIBN646K-Induction-Hob-Black---60cm/p/139075#

Erm... I do hope you are NOT intending connecting an unfused twin & earth cable directly onto this new hob???

Where will your 13A fuse be??
I was intending to use the same cable that was connected to the old freestanding cooker that was removed the wiring diagram in the picture posted shows this type of connection or a wired plug with fuse.

I was intending to use the same cable that was connected to the old freestanding cooker that was removed the wiring diagram in the picture posted shows this type of connection or a wired plug with fuse.

Bad idea in my opinion..

I am guessing you would then have an appliance requiring 13amp fuse protection directly connected to a 32amp supply relying on the MCB in the CU to provide overload protection..
which could be bad news in the event of a fault!

What you probably need to do is fit a 13amp socket in place of the cooker connection plate that your existing T&E cable comes out of..
Then use the 13amp plug & flex that came with the hob.