New Induction Hob No Earth Terminal

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And C it's a maximum of 3kW total between (assumed) 4 zones, so less than 1kW per zone. It will be a pretty poor cooking experience.

I would take it back and get a proper one.

A) it needs a 13Amp fuse
B) see A)

or does it? the fuse is to protect the cable. so if using the plug then it'll need a 13a fuse. hard wired then it may be good on a higher rating unless the MI's specifically state a lower fuse rating

depending on hob often there's a different wiring connection for 13a & above wiring, so if its wired for 13a then it'll limit total current to 13a, otherwise it'll assume 32a and use more power if needed. can't see that this would apply here though for the diagram on it

It sound as though the manufacturer's instructions don't say very much.

I would be dubious about wiring it straight onto a 32amp supply.

If the picture on the label is anything to go by, then they assume it WILL be connected via a 13amp, 3pin, UK plug...
Or a European, 2pin plug..

I'm not sure what max amps on a 2pin Euro-Plug is ? but I can't believe it would be 32A ?
So assuming 16A or 20A max?

Apologies, my bad I was in so much of a rush I didn't even notice it was only 13 amp, it certainly wasn't clear from the packaging or the installation instructions. I cant see how this would handle 4 hob plates running at the same time. Will be returning it and getting something that will actually work as intended, as they say, you get what you pay for!

Apologies, my bad I was in so much of a rush I didn't even notice it was only 13 amp, it certainly wasn't clear from the packaging or the installation instructions. I cant see how this would handle 4 hob plates running at the same time. Will be returning it and getting something that will actually work as intended, as they say, you get what you pay for!

erm... the Wickes website info clearly states it "comes with a 13A plug" ?
4 plates at 3.25amps each... 2 at 6.5amps... or 1 at 13amps maybe?
just guessing!

WICKES IND HOB.JPG

For those that aren’t used to induction hobs (especially the plug in type)… they modulate the hobs so that that the total amount of power doesn’t exceed 13A,,, generally you won’t notice this as everything will cook fine, however they’ll only allow one cooking zone to be at max (boost) power at a time — for this reason I went for the type that isn’t plug in