New quote…Finally!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomerJay

Reaction score
We have been asking around for a 15kwh (ish) system and have finally had a quote that seems to use something different. Can you guys take a look and let me know if this stuff is decent quality?
The actual list is pages long but the core of it is this:

Trina Vertex S 390W All Black Mono solar panel x 18

Huawei 6kW L1 HV 1ph Hybrid Inverter inverter x 1

**NET** Emlite Bi-directional Meter ECA2.nv x 1

Huawei LUNA BMS x 1

Huawei Smart Power Sensor for 1ph (Meter with CT) x 1

AC isolator - KN 32A 3-pole x 2

Huawei LUNA 5KWh Lithium Ion Battery x 3

Huawei 450W optimiser x1

Any advice would be appreciated!

I've heard good things about Huawei, the only negative being the price.

Didn't you say you wanted a 15kw system, you've only been quoted for a 7kw system, that will only produce 6kw with the specified inverter.

Around £16-£17k depending on exact final spec. Not sure if that’s competitive nationally!

I have a 3.6kw inverter with 4.8kw battery. I'm not convinced the 6kw inverter will produce enough to keep the battery's topped up. On really sunny days they would but not on days like today Or were you thinking of a low night tariff to charge them

Yup, octopus go to top up the battery at night and use the PV plus battery in the daytime. Pretty usual setup, I imagine!

Btw. Are 18 panels the most you can get on the roof?
Imo from what I know from my set up. I would ditch 1 of the battery's and try to get the panels/inverter up above 10kw. Should workout SIM cost or if funds are available add on the extra battery.
Will you be able to use the excess to heat your hot water?

Yup, octopus go to top up the battery at night and use the PV plus battery in the daytime. Pretty usual setup, I imagine!
In real-time. From 4.8kw battery's I get about 4 hour of usage this is around the baseline so 0.8- 1kwh

I’d like to get 20 panels on the roof but apparently it’s not possible. Our consumpton is around 16kw a day so that’s why we’d like a 15kwh battery setup. We also have an EV to complicate matters..

I’d like to get 20 panels on the roof but apparently it’s not possible. Our consumpton is around 16kw a day so that’s why we’d like a 15kwh battery setup. We also have an EV to complicate matters..
Getting 15kw of batterys. After octopus charge ends at 4am you will get about 10 hours of use from them so from 2pm till 12 midnight you could be buying from the grid. Even in the summer months I've had as little as 10% added to my battery's due to cloudy, drizzly days. When winter Comes this could be lower. I installed my battery's about 26th July. These are the figures I've got upto today. Which is approximately 11 week ago

Screenshot_2022-10-08-20-44-51-080_com.ginlongsolis.jpg

Btw the 292kw is about £82 saving over 11 week or about £7.50p per week. My battery's cost £2100 ish. Payback on this for the usage I've received so far would be 5 1/2 years. I'm contemplating octopus tariff so this would be reduced further

Wow. 3kwh today? Not sure where you are but here in Wales we’ve had an amazing summers day with nearly 9hrs of full sun!
What is the heading of the first column - Battery xxxxx ?

The first column is battery in. The Charge it took from the panels.

This is just my batterys usage. Not my panel production. this is my panel production.

Screenshot_2022-10-09-11-50-35-916_com.ginlongsolis.jpg

Latest posts