New trainee electrician from Acton

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alessandro

Reaction score
Hi, I finally decided to join these forums, it looks like people here are friendly and I like friendly people. :) I've been reading your discussions since last year. You helped me numerous times, my questions and doubts often found a solution here and I can't be grateful enough.

I have been studying City & Guilds 2365 Level 3 at college since September last year and I will finish soon (couple of months). I intend to get 17th Edition a soon as I finish doing inspection & testing and fault finding, the two last units I have left. I invested a lot of time in learning what I know about the science, design etc., I like to study on at least 4-5 different books at the same time, plus the omnipresent regs and on-site guide (and GN3 for I&T), and of course the internet with all sorts of websites, forums, videos etc. I have to say that since I started studying about electricity this has become my number one "hobby". I have BA in languages and economics and I haven't enjoyed them a fraction of how much I enjoy my electrical studies. I guess I am a technical kind of person.

I will have to start working for NVQ, if you need a dedicated, hard working and punctual electrician's mate I hope you can consider me (I live in Acton, London). I will post in the relevant section of the forum when my post count will allow me to do so.

Grazie!

Alessandro I.

Welcome to the forum Alessandro :)  Glad to hear you have already have had use of the combined wisdom of the forumites. Just a tip if you do need any help with coursework etc; always attempt to answer any questions yourself first. Don't worry if you get it wrong, you're still learning and the guys on here are normally happy to point you in the right direction once you've tried. Believe me, it's a better way to learn and you'll gain a better understanding than you would than if people just spoonfed you the answer. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum Alessandro :)  Glad to hear you have already have had use of the combined wisdom of the forumites. Just a tip if you do need any help with coursework etc; always attempt to answer any questions yourself first. Don't worry if you get it wrong, you're still learning and the guys on here are normally happy to point you in the right direction once you've tried. Believe me, it's a better way to learn and you'll gain a better understanding than you would than if people just spoonfed you the answer. :)
Haha exactly, I don't think you want to see the sort of questions I ask, my tutor "hates" me because of my questions. :D In a good and a bad way I am too meticulous, I literally spend entire days on my books as I hate asking obvious questions. :) Unfortunately I will have to start pestering you guys now that I'm registered here. :)

As part of my introduction, I am half Italian and half Japanese but I don't look anything like either. I have a middle-east-ish look that nobody can explain. :D I moved to London 4 years ago and have been improving my English since then. Please be clement with my English, it is nothing like my native languages and I struggle especially with words and expressions of Germanic origin. But I absolutely love the language, any language is a world of its own.

I would never have guessed English is not your first language! You're doing amazingly well. :)  Have you encountered cockney rhyming slang yet? Don't even get me started on it, been here 10 years and it still baffles me...  :shakehead

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts