Newly self-employed, need help pricing a job :)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This customer sounds very much to me as if his first language is'nt English & he's probably not a Christian but then I'm a racist . !!
Thought exactly the same second thought was, I bet there is a haggle session when the invoice is presented .

Hence for this sort of client I come up with the real figure for the job double the figure & send the quote with conditions that half payment upfront.

Receive the half upfront .....Job gets done haggle over final payment proceeds I agree to a % reduction & am still quids in. 

it's been a long time since I've done any shop work but that look's like a lot of sockets for a shop and what's the USB sockets needed for?

I'll take a stab at it being an internet cafe or international/world call type shop. :innocent

what ever it is you need some T&C's to cover your backside, he will need to carry the can for all warranty on the materials, you'll need to agree on charges for additional works (believe me they will happen).

EM lighting I'd go for packs on the LED panels.

You really need the fire risk assessment, before you do the em light design, & make sure you have PII for the em light design, or get someone else to do it.

It might seem easy, but, it does carry a lot of liability.

Canoeboy said:
Round here there is a town called polish city locally, they undercut all the building trades by at least 50%, its not racism its fact across the uk

But the English keep employing them?

Canoeboy said:
Round here there is a town called polish city locally, they undercut all the building trades by at least 50%, its not racism its fact across the uk
if that is the case, then how do we all still find work?

Canoeboy said:
I don't see what that has got to do with any of the above...

Well if the open border policy affects your area that much then I would imagine your area would be high in the 'out' camp. 

so all the British get free tickets home, where that then?

Only joking fella! (Yorkshire for me)

As far as I'm aware (major caveat, needs verification), existing immigrants will carry on as normal should we leave the EU.

Only joking fella! (Yorkshire for me)

As far as I'm aware (major caveat, needs verification), existing immigrants will carry on as normal should we leave the EU.

Of course anyone already within the UK will be able to stay. 

If this is a genuine unknown by voters then God we are in trouble!

Everyone falls for the trick of blaming people from other countries for us being in a 5h1t state, and of course blaming poor people on benifits.

The governments needs working people to come here, who work, pay tax on earnings and then pay tax on what they spend. More batteries for the machine.

The expensive part of a human is from 0-18 years old,  paying for there education and welfair.  People from other countries who have come to work benifit our economy, it hasnt cost our system energy (money) to raise and train them. There home countries are the ones in trouble having invested in the youth who have left to work elsewhere.

While the big corperations make us all work harder for there profit. No one mention all the unpaid taxes and get out of paying tax scams the rich have. Blame poor people and those who are different from us, it must be there fault.

If it was up to me all borders would be open............. i would probibly go somewhere warmer.

It's interesting how many EU nationals that link estimates are in the UK. Doesn't sound many compared to the published numbers and when HMRC reveal how many NI numbers are active what will that show?
I just found this

Headline Figures:
 The total number of NINo registrations to adult overseas
nationals entering the UK in 2011/12 was 601 thousand, a fall of
104 thousand (15%) on the previous year.
 Within Europe - The number of NINo registrations to adult
overseas nationals entering the UK from Europe in 2011/12 was
363 thousand, a fall of 13 thousand (4%) on the previous year.
 Outside of Europe - The number of NINo registrations to adult
overseas nationals entering the UK from outside Europe in
2011/12 was 237 thousand, a fall of 90 thousand (28%) on the
previous year.