NIC Bogus Contractor

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Been reading this on another forum and thought people may be interested in it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi , We recently reported an electrician trading as Blue Electrical in the Poole area to the NICEIC for misrepresentation..... ie claiming he is a member when he is not.

We have sent photos of his van to the NICEIC ( customer services - Ms Sam Cook ) and copies of his business cards and letterheads, quotes , invoices etc going back over two years. He obviously has never notified any Part P projects either. We have a list of over forty projects so far.

Poole Council building control are not interested basically their policing of Part P is more financial than public safety orientated.

The NICEIC have written to us saying that they are not passing this case onto trading standards despite the evidence.

The little scroat has also been boasting in the local wholesalers that the NICEIC want to sign him UP !! (unlikely due to standard of work - but who knows)

As a result of real NICEIC members feeling that the quality of membership is being constantly eroded a petition is being passed around the Bournemouth area trying to get someone to do the right thing and prosecute the fraudulent trader. Obviously we would all be better off by thousands every year if we just stuck some stickers on our van but most of us don`t .............however we do expect our membership costs to protect us from rogues.

If you want to support our action please email customer services at the NICEIC with your enrollement number stating you want proper action taken against people like this.

Thanks

Update:

A big thank you to all those who contacted the NICEIC.

Would you now please stop contacting them as they have got the message and are apparently running short of printer ink !

Within two days of a petition being started a Mr Alan Wells (big cheese NICEIC) has contacted us (early afternoon today ) to confirm that a court order will be sought against Blue Electrical later TODAY.

He also stated Blue Electrical /Clyde Walters will not be considered for any form of NIC membership.

He assured us that this action would have been taken anyway as the NICEIC take misrepresentation - membership fraud very seriously.

Will let you know what happens .

bad day explode

Word spreads quick..... they were chatting about this at my local eyre & ellison counter today when I dropped in.

When I had my AC assessment this year, I mentioned a local plumbit who had NIC App. Contractor stickers on his van - "cos they get me work"!!!

They`re still displaying the stickers. WTF do we pay them all this money for??? What do they do with it, FCOL?

Toerags!

(rant over)

KME

No change there then. If you give them money they don;t care about you, if you don;t give them money, well they're still not bothered. Been the same for years.