NICEIC Assesment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barker

Reaction score
Hey Folks

Just had my assesment to join the NICEIC Domestic Installers Scheme, and got through it ok. This was my second visit due to a silly admin error the first time, but the rest of it was fine.

So for all you guys looking to do it soon, don't worry about to much as it is not as scary as you might think. Mark Brazier my Assesor was a very good guy and very helpful and informative as we went through the process.

I did a Consumer Board change and a new light and switch in a loft as my 2 jobs at different adresses.

Off for a pint to celebrate tonight now.Guiness Drink

See Ya

Applaud SmileyCongratulations, I think most of the assessors are there to help as well as assess

Hey Folks Just had my assesment to join the NICEIC Domestic Installers Scheme, and got through it ok. This was my second visit due to a silly admin error the first time, but the rest of it was fine.

So for all you guys looking to do it soon, don't worry about to much as it is not as scary as you might think. Mark Brazier my Assesor was a very good guy and very helpful and informative as we went through the process.

I did a Consumer Board change and a new light and switch in a loft as my 2 jobs at different adresses.

Off for a pint to celebrate tonight now.Guiness Drink

See Ya
Hi Barker-well done. just a quick question and I hope you dont think im being rude. I am about to do my training for part p and everything and would like to have it done and pay my fees to nic in june.

Are we able to work and sign off as soon as we are registered before the first assesment-or have to wait until actually passed.

Just desperate to get going with this and trying to plan accordingly.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Barker-well done. just a quick question and I hope you dont think im being rude. I am about to do my training for part p and everything and would like to have it done and pay my fees to nic in june.Are we able to work and sign off as soon as we are registered before the first assesment-or have to wait until actually passed.

Just desperate to get going with this and trying to plan accordingly.

Cheers

Martin
You have to show the NICEIC some certificates for the work you have recently carried out, so yes you should firstly take your certificates up to your Local Building Control, tell them what you are doing, in some cases they will waive any fee. Sign off the work as normal and use the certificates to show the assessor your work.