Not so many cards this year

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is also the fact that mental illness is merely a state of the mind and can be cured.

Sorry to say that is total Radishes.. If it were a "state of mind" and a you need to "snap out of it" and "negative thinking" type thing, ask yourself these questions...

1, Would you volunteer to take prescription drugs that WILL, [not "might". "could" or "possibly"] but WILL give you something very similar to parkinsons, only incurable, and PERMANENT, even AFTER you have stopped taking the drugs??

2, Would you volunteer for a lobotomy????

3. What about some nice soothing electric shock treatment?? Bet that is a right bag of laughs..

john...

can you not take control of her finances so she doesnt have access to the money to spend on drink?

Well, my sisters daughter is trying to get the power to do just that, but my mother would have to agree. Secondly, my sister, her husband, her daughter, are all drunks, and think that my mother has a "right" to "go for a drink like everyone else" Great way to help eh.

When i say carrotted, i mean get up in the night, piss in the electric kettle, forget about it. then later. boil it up. make tea and drink it. That was when she was "mildly" drunk compared to how she is now...

john...

Secondly, my sister, her husband, her daughter, are all drunks, and think that my mother has a "right" to "go for a drink like everyone else"

well she does have a right to go for a drink like everyone else. but not 'everyone else' drinks £3k per month. i guess your a bit limited in what you can do if she refuses any help and to accept that she is drinking too much

i guess we all have someone like that, im surprised my uncle's not dead yet, the amount of cannabis he smokes. and thats just the start

can you not take control of her finances so she doesnt have access to the money to spend on drink?

You can apply to the courts for “Power of Attorney” but it requires voluntary or medical / psychiatric evidence.

1, Would you volunteer to take prescription drugs that WILL, [not "might". "could" or "possibly"] but WILL give you something very similar to parkinsons, only incurable, and PERMANENT, even AFTER you have stopped taking the drugs??

2, Would you volunteer for a lobotomy????

3. What about some nice soothing electric shock treatment?? Bet that is a right bag of laughs..

john...

What a load of bullocks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the place to be putting your mother down

I know what you mean, but i can remember the drunken rages when she was a fit strong 34 year old.. Myself?? four.. tango'd four.. We were walking to school one dark winters morning in southend well over 50 years ago.. I jumped in a small, 3/16 deep puddle of water, and what did i get?? a full on, every ounce of her strength, slap round the face that nearly burst my eardrum. This sort of thing was regular. There were MANY MANY abuses me and my twin sister were subjected to, ones that i will not relate here, but that would earn you a jail sentence now..

So.. Sympathy??? NIL

john..

You can apply to the courts for “Power of Attorney” but it requires voluntary or medical / psychiatric evidence.

You WILL NOT get power of attorney for an alcoholic.. End off. The "MCA saw to that.. Yes, if you could get a doctor to certify that they did not have "capacity" what you are saying is right. but the way the law sees it, is that if a person is CAPABLE of making a choice, even a stupid one, then that choice must be respected..

What a load of bullocks!

Care to explain??? Thought not....

john

Hi Tony,

You would have been forced to take medication [or could have been forced] if you were not an "informal" patient...  It all depends on how co-operative you are/were. They would have asked you to take your meds nicely to begin with, and, if you agreed, everyone would be happy. If you declined though, you would be doing as the staff wished, whether this was done the easy way, or the hard way... Even if you start off as an informal patient, they can soon change that once you are there, and then they can basically, do as they think fit..

If you are admitted under section, you will have no choice at all in anything much. If any medication offered was for your "benefit" as in optional, then i suppose it would be up to you, BUT if it were REQUIRED to control your condition, or for the protection of yourself or others, then, no choice at all...

People think all this stuff about it needs two doctors and a social worker rubbish to "section" someone, it does not.. There are LOADS of different "sections" see.. If you walked in to the local hospital tonight and said you were thinking of harming yourself. That is the process started.. If half hour later you changed your mind and said you wanted to go home, you would be kept there forcibly until such times as you had been assessed, then it would be decision time [for the doctors]

I know i know nothing about you, but i am glad you coped with your experiences.. I am sure you went through some bad times and in the hospital, well, I imagine we both know what it is like..

I spent 5 days a week, every week, on a ward from the age of 13...

After that i have spent an awful lot of time at the hospital... I am there now nearly every day of my life..

I have seen a lot of changes over the last 42 years there though, must be one of the very few left now. It is a lovely place. I have seen some marvellous things on the wards though, humanity at its best, and i have seen some very frightening things too..

I would love to have been a psychiatric nurse.. Very special people they all are..

john..

So why are you bothered about her welfare?

No sympathy, it is self inflicted, but she is either going to fall over and be seriously hurt and die in a coma, or be mugged with the same result, or collapse and die of exposure. i would not wish that on anyone.

It is a sad sad end to a 44 year career as a school teacher..

She has lost all her friends, but there is one person that is trying to help her, but the things she says to them you would not believe. If you try to help her, she just gets NASTY, and i mean NASTY Attacking ambulance crews nasty, and that is from an 84 year old school teacher....

When i was on the ward for 3 years, they [the doctors] wrote to her constantly as they were concerned about me. She could not even be bothered to go and see them.... As ye sow, so shall ye reap...

john..

Hi Tony,

You would have been forced to take medication [or could have been forced] if you were not an "informal" patient...  It all depends on how co-operative you are/were. They would have asked you to take your meds nicely to begin with, and, if you agreed, everyone would be happy. If you declined though, you would be doing as the staff wished, whether this was done the easy way, or the hard way... Even if you start off as an informal patient, they can soon change that once you are there, and then they can basically, do as they think fit..

If you are admitted under section, you will have no choice at all in anything much. If any medication offered was for your "benefit" as in optional, then i suppose it would be up to you, BUT if it were REQUIRED to control your condition, or for the protection of yourself or others, then, no choice at all...

People think all this stuff about it needs two doctors and a social worker rubbish to "section" someone, it does not.. There are LOADS of different "sections" see.. If you walked in to the local hospital tonight and said you were thinking of harming yourself. That is the process started.. If half hour later you changed your mind and said you wanted to go home, you would be kept there forcibly until such times as you had been assessed, then it would be decision time [for the doctors]

I know i know nothing about you, but i am glad you coped with your experiences.. I am sure you went through some bad times and in the hospital, well, I imagine we both know what it is like..

I spent 5 days a week, every week, on a ward from the age of 13...

After that i have spent an awful lot of time at the hospital... I am there now nearly every day of my life..

I have seen a lot of changes over the last 42 years there though, must be one of the very few left now. It is a lovely place. I have seen some marvellous things on the wards though, humanity at its best, and i have seen some very frightening things too..

I would love to have been a psychiatric nurse.. Very special people they all are..

john..

I’ve been sectioned.

Lets end the conversation at that.

You WILL NOT get power of attorney for an alcoholic.. End off. The "MCA saw to that.. Yes, if you could get a doctor to certify that they did not have "capacity" what you are saying is right. but the way the law sees it, is that if a person is CAPABLE of making a choice, even a stupid one, then that choice must be respected..

Care to explain??? Thought not....

john

It will take some time too, so when I get more time I'll be happy too. Probably next week, so remind me if I don't get to it. 

Latest posts