NVQ level 3 (2356)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTID

Reaction score
Advice needed again please.

I have contacted my local colleges, none of whom provide evening learning for the C&G2356. Instead they all involve a minimum of 2 days a week at college, something I cannot currently do. They passed me onto the national career advice line who put me in the direction of distance based on line learning.

Has anyone here done this this or a similar course, if so what is your opinion?

I am not looking for a fast track, I am now booked on to do my 17th ed and C&G2392 (will do the 2391 when I have more practical experience).

I would not be able to complete my assessments through my current place of work though but would like to know if I did go down this route, are there any sparks in north west area that can help me by allowing me to do my assessment work through them on a voluntary basis when required.

Thanks in advance

Andy

I did my online with a company called delta electrical training, was quite easy and all done online via a portfolio

I did my online with a company called delta electrical training, was quite easy and all done online via a portfolio
I am currently doing my 2330 Level 3 and looking to start my 2356 NVQ level 3 using these online portfolio's, i was just wondering if you still required the on-site visits doing it this way??

2356 is a site based qualification, with all evidence gathered from site via job write-ups (supported by photos etc.) or from on site assessments. The 65 performance objectives need to be covered three times each, if doing the AM2 this will cover one entry for 34 of the POs (units 301, 302, 304 & 308)leaving 161 POs for write ups & OSAs (AM2 compulsory if on a funded apprenticeship framework). Most assessors will hope to cover all POs once by site visit leaving the rest to candidate's write ups. If the underpinning knowledge is covered by 2330 L2 & 3 I don't see why college attendance is required for anything other than progress reviews etc. which can probably be done with on site assessments.

2356 closes for new registrations in December, 2392 & 2391 have already been replaced by 2394 & 2395.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no site visits, spoke to my assessor once on the phone at the start to introduce myself and had the course completed in a few months.

It's all photos