NVR networking problem

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, Are there any Network Video Recorder experts on here, who could perhaps help me with a problem?

I have an EAGLE-NVR-4-2BUL-8MP-1TB, purchased from CPC and installed in my bungalow, with three cameras. In itself it works fine with the images on its dedicated monitor, record/replay as required etc. I set up the user name password, etc IAW the supplied “Quick start guide”

It is connected by cable to my router, and I can now access the system from our phones, either at home or when away. So far, so good.

I would also like to access the video on a laptop. I can log onto the NVR, get as far as a screen as shown, with the four blank windows where the pictures should be. On selecting a camera window the legend “Download certificate appears”. I can follow this command but it makes absolutely no difference. I’m now stuck. My understanding of network technology is limited! What have I done wrong and how do I fix it ?

There is only the quick start guide supplied, with no link to a full manual, however it appears to me to be very similar to this: Network-Video-Recorder_Users-Manual_V2.3.1_20230210-Eng.pdf (dahuasecurity.com)1711047599706.png

The front end on these recorders is optimised for Internet Explorer 11 the only way to get full functionality of the NVR is to use a Microsoft Edge tab in Internet Explorer mode

Hi geoff when ypu download the certificate you should double clock the downloaded file to be able to install that software onto the laptop
Thank you for the response. I am doing that. It gives me the option to say where it is stored, or automatically put it in the "certificate store", (whatever that is). I let it do this, and do the usual microsoft permission to change my computer. All looks reasonable, but makes B all difference in the end. Leaves me right back where I started.

The front end on these recorders is optimised for Internet Explorer 11 the only way to get full functionality of the NVR is to use a Microsoft Edge tab in Internet Explorer mode
Thank you. I'll have to think about that; it's getting a bit deep for me. I'm running Windows 10 which has Edge but I usually revert to Google. If by full functionality you mean the ability to control the recorder, search, playback, etc I'm not bothered about that. I just want to be able to see the camera video.

The initial screen image shows that the connection is not secure which can be an issue if your browser defaults to requiring https:// for connections. I use Mozilla Firefox with my own NVR (Annke) and that also shows as insecure but still connects ok provided the HTTPS settings are set to allow it.

Firefox HTTPS mode settings.png

Annke NVR.png