Ouch

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mapleford

Reaction score
Lost crimpers last week and was doing a C/U change last weekend. Popped into CEF for a couple of small bits and saw a nice shiny Haupa crimper in their display. Thats nice I thought. I'll have one of those. "How much are they?" I ask. "Quite expensive" muppet behind counter replies. "OK I'll have one, just make sure you hit the big discount button" Out they come from the cabinet. Placed gleaming on the counter, a picture of beauty. "Thats

cef is short for con every F :eek: :eek: ker :slap ;0 why do you think i dont use them
I had one of their reps phone me 2wks back now wanting me to open an account with them.Personally I use Denmans for what I want. I get reasonable discounts too and the staff are helpful and friendly.

Anyone heard anything bad about wilts going down the pan? Not sure if I read on iet forum that they were having problems and they seem to stock sweet fa at the moment ! Cheers

Hi mapleford, as you found your old crimpers can you not take back your expensive ones for refund? My local CEF branch would do this and I generally find them very compensating and helpful but I guess it comes down to the people who work there and the relationship you build with them. Out of curiosity which branch was it? Also regarding there pricing my branch will generally price match most things for me and with tell me if they can't giving me the option of buying said product elsewhere. The only stuff I find they can't compete with is MK as we know they can't buy direct.

Anyone heard anything bad about wilts going down the pan? Not sure if I read on iet forum that they were having problems and they seem to stock sweet fa at the moment ! Cheers
I've seen details of thier latest results and lets just say they are a little south of good!!

Trouble is with wholesalers like us they have had it good for the last few years but now there turnover is right down so they up there prices to componsate. Thing is if i get overcharged for something i won't use them again i have 7 wholesalers in my local town plus likes of electrifix etc so they need to get competitive to compete.

i think 60 quid is pretty reasonable , i have just had to buy one of these

just the frame no dies

RTB-510 System - Crimping Tools - RTB-510 System - Product List - Cablecraft - Cable Identification and Cabling Accessories

the the dies

RTB-510 Die - Crimping Tools - RTB-510 System - Product List - Cablecraft - Cable Identification and Cabling Accessories

one red set, one blue set and a yellow, a set of gauges, and then a calibration cert ontop of that

over 600 quid :)

unfortunatly as its for railway signalling you have to use approved tools

Latest posts