Outside Light

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice!

How did you find it pulling the singles through the bends? I had a fishing line but was very stiff around the bends, your 'dog leg' looks fun!

:D

I like conduit

Nice!How did you find it pulling the singles through the bends? I had a fishing line but was very stiff around the bends, your 'dog leg' looks fun!

:D

I like conduit
The dog leg was alot easier than I thought, I used another piece of the old lawn mowerflex :Blushing the hardest bit was from the through the wall terminal to the first through box as that had 2 X 90s in that bit.

nice job there androiduk2002, i bet you are well pleased with your efforts
Yes Badger I am very happy with it , its the first time Ive done PVC conduit except at college and that only amounted to about 8hrs from start to finish.

good work And.

all you need to do is have nice radious bends like the one to the light

and not like the bend at the bottom of the end box to house ;)

A bit of constructive criticism here, I did my apprenticeship on one of the largest building services companies in England, who were very strict with there standards and charged highly to cover this. We were taught to always have a saddle a fixed distance from bends & box's, approx 300mm and then divide the remaining space with a max span as per the regs. No fixings were to be placed on bends. You would have been made to re-fix your saddles, the one at the bottom on the building looks particularly 'awkward'. One foreman even used to check the screw heads on the saddles and box lid all ran the same direction as the tube. We despised that man at the time but realised many years later what a top notch tradesman he was. I still carry out conduit work in the same manor today.

A bit of constructive criticism here, I did my apprenticeship on one of the largest building services companies in England, who were very strict with there standards and charged highly to cover this. We were taught to always have a saddle a fixed distance from bends & box's, approx 300mm and then divide the remaining space with a max span as per the regs. No fixings were to be placed on bends. You would have been made to re-fix your saddles, the one at the bottom on the building looks particularly 'awkward'. One foreman even used to check the screw heads on the saddles and box lid all ran the same direction as the tube. We despised that man at the time but realised many years later what a top notch tradesman he was. I still carry out conduit work in the same manor today.
The alignment of screws could be considered a bit OTT!!!

But the general saddle spacing rule-of-thumb is very goos Slips!

:Applaud :Applaud:Applaud

I agree with the screws, as that is what I do. (they have to be in the same direction).

It was planned to be slightly higher , but the pebble dashing was not being very cooperative ;) I take your points on board Slip Thanks its this kind of constructive comments that will help me to tweak my skills, before being let loose on the world . O) Thanks

The alignment of screws could be considered a bit OTT!!!
I was going to say OCD.

Good job. I like working in pvc conduit. Never had an issue pulling cables though it. What type of fishline did you use patch? One question though, why are there so many conduit boxes?

Nice job. Try that in 25mm galv! thats what I've been doing the last 4 months! not allowed to take pics on the site I'm on otherwise would share with you. direction of slots in screwheads depends on where the torque wrench screwdriver clicks.....

300mm was what I was taught.

Although I prefer to leave the slots in my screws at a 45