Oven Chips

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extension15

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not everybody's cup of tea, but there are some that taste good out there..

(Yes I know the majority of people, prefer then deep fat fried)

My good lady and I stopped eating the bloody things, mainly because they become such an art to cook.

However, a few months ago we discovered 'Waitrose Chunky Oven Chips'

Try then, I defy you!

(25 mins at 180c)

Oh, there gorgeous..

:D

Not everybody's cup of tea, but there are some that taste good out there..(Yes I know the majority of people, prefer then deep fat fried)

My good lady and I stopped eating the bloody things, mainly because they become such an art to cook.

However, a few months ago we discovered 'Waitrose Chunky Oven Chips'

Try then, I defy you!

(25 mins at 180c)

Oh, there gorgeous..

Oven chips always end up dry and burnt when i cook them,

deep fry all the way :^O

AD2 - read your ovens operating/ packet instructions - it does help:^O:xO)AndyGuiness Drink
I think my oven is older than me!! :|

I never read instructions........is that why i burn everything? :p

Possibly and google ya oven make/serial number for instructions :p AndyGuiness Drink
I just wait for the smoke alarm to go off, Admin likes his food well done.

Well he has no choice really:^O :^O

So many of the available oven chips, are so thin they'd probably cook inside 10 mins anyway..

So, regarding the Waitrose Oven Chips's, the whole texture about these is so different from many that are available..

I had them this evening..

:x

the tescos oven chips are alright too, the big chunky ones though not the french fry sizes ;)
can someone tell me whats the point of oven cooked french fries ???????

its like eating chipsticks !!!

Extenso when you are as big as I am I dont worry about a few pounds being put on, it would almost seem like I was dieting :p AndyGuiness Drink
Well, Andy as long as you are happy..

:)

I'm worried about you guys. I leave you alone for the night and we are still on topic half way down the second page! What is the forum coming too?

I don't like chips other than fish shop ones