Periodic inspection reports

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maffematics

Reaction score
Hi All

I have been saked to do and periodic inspection on a property after water damage can i just use a standard pir certificte or do i need to do an condition report instead

Many Thanks

Matt

Hi AllI have been saked to do and periodic inspection on a property after water damage can i just use a standard pir certificte or do i need to do an condition report instead

Many Thanks

Matt
Same thing just a new name and new schedule of inspections.

You could use a PIR from and note it as a departure from BS7671 as amended 2011, I think that might cover you, (or it's going to open a can of worms!) ;)

PIR's are gone EICR' form January so do it right or don't bother doing it :slap

Hi AllI have been saked to do and periodic inspection on a property after water damage can i just use a standard pir certificte or do i need to do an condition report instead

Many Thanks

Matt
you need to work to 7671:2008 (2011). so you need to use an EICR

Just to clarify the PROCESS is still PERIODIC INSPECTION REPORTING, the "Report" (Its not a certificate) is now called an ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION CONDITION REPORT.

Hi Maff, EICR as of January, reason for report water damage, and take a look at EasyCert, site sponsor link and it's just been updated to include amendments... Superb piece of kit and well worth the dough.... They are actually easier than pir albeit same thing and as daft as it seems the new format helps you to remember everything with the checklist.. We're only human after all !!!

I got a good dig at a local council last week as they would not accept an installation cert for a rewire (it was a private flat in an authority block) because their internal notes said 'it had to be a periodic report' (coincided timing with my rewire) I then had great joy informing them i would be breaking the regulations by issuing that as its been a EICR since June of 2011 & enforced since 1/1/12 & they should have known.