Photobucket bans 3rd party hosted images

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got absolutely loads of online space you can have for the images, I'll just point a spare domain at an account and you can just keep filling it up as you wish.

Oh, just seemed that way when you said you were downloading them all. My apologies for making an incorrect assumption.

I’ll see what the grand total comes to and talk to both of you.

What I’m doing now is getting them in to a sequential order so each block of images tally with each article.

At present it’s like the cupboard under the stairs, it’s in there somewhere but I’m ******** if I can find it!

'Tis a mere drop in the ocean that. I've got 20/30 websites and 50/60 domains already.

I've got absolutely loads of online space you can have for the images, I'll just point a spare domain at an account and you can just keep filling it up as you wish.

Oh, just seemed that way when you said you were downloading them all. My apologies for making an incorrect assumption.

Not at all, no worries. 

Tbh I keep looking at getting a half decent (Synology) NAS for home stuff and at least mirroring a drive.

Tbh I keep looking at getting a half decent (Synology) NAS for home stuff and at least mirroring a drive.

I'd recommend that for hands off backups, as in you can just leave the backup software running in the background.

As always though, most people put it on the to do list and never get round to it so better than nothing is at least buy a USB drive and copy your data there as a backup. I still do that anyway, following the 321 rule of backups.

i do that. you can use cloud station to automatically sync data from PC to synology

I'd want to use in part for media playback so guessing the "play" tagged version would be better. They're like nearly twice the price of the bog standard ones though!

Can you "hack" a cheaper NAS to make it run Synology firmware I wonder?

I'd want to use in part for media playback so guessing the "play" tagged version would be better. They're like nearly twice the price of the bog standard ones though!

Better depends on what exactly you're doing with it. If it's literally just streaming files to play them on other devices anything will do, but if you want them transcoding then the play models would be more suited to the job. I still wouldn't recommend anything less than the +II range though.

Can you "hack" a cheaper NAS to make it run Synology firmware I wonder?

No (not directly), although you can run DSM (Synology OS) on x86 so you could build a cheap NAS, but by the time you have the hardware (as in decent hardware) you might as well just buy the Synology NAS. Xpenology only makes sense if you are building large disk shelves.

I went on the Bucket site to delete and resign from it but it doesn't respond to anything .  I used it via the "Old" Forum for hosting photos on here but not used it since we upgraded.      There are however , about 100 pics on there , all to do with this Forum .  I thought we hosted our own photos now ?

I went on the Bucket site to delete and resign from it but it doesn't respond to anything .  I used it via the "Old" Forum for hosting photos on here but not used it since we upgraded.      There are however , about 100 pics on there , all to do with this Forum .  I thought we hosted our own photos now ?

I am pretty sure that we can host the pics if you want to upload them and edit your posts Deke.

https://fixphotobucket.com

IMG_20161216_122117_zpshus0ogrs.jpg.6894148bc1ae4980def25992617a4cb0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pretty sure that we can host the pics if you want to upload them and edit your posts Deke.
Thats what I always do Sidey ....just click  " Choose Files" below  etc  .    Thing was ...it just seemed as if the pics I've put on here were also in Photobucket.   Just trying this pic.  from "choose files"       and I'll see if its in Photobucket .

And of course if anyone is looking for a 2nd hand TPN Sw/fuse  this is £80   plus postage

View attachment 8167

Thats what I always do Sidey ....just click  " Choose Files" below  etc  .    Thing was ...it just seemed as if the pics I've put on here were also in Photobucket.   Just trying this pic.  from "choose files"       and I'll see if its in Photobucket .

And of course if anyone is looking for a 2nd hand TPN Sw/fuse  this is £80   plus postage

Photo0292.jpg
No Idea if this piccy appears in Photobucket  ,  can only view the first page of photos , can't navigate up , can't see how to delete .  Message is page unresponsive.

@Evans Electric

That picture is hosted on the TEF server.

When you click to choose click to add files in the reply box and select the image or other media you want it uploads it to the TEF server from your computer.

As is this one

aa7763f2b59db4d1c856db6e235351d9.gif

not tried to do anything with photobucket as it seems less responsive than usual.

💩

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts