Pickmeapp

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnOff

Mad Inventor™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I've cracked under the pressure and built up a Windows XP machine for my luddite missus who couldn't get on with Linux, struggled with 7 and moans like hell about WINE etc.

Now, she wants an old, old program called "Printmaster Gold 7.0" by Broderbund. She can't find the original CD and I've searched high and low online for a copy. I'm sure however the program files exist on a old hard drive I have.

Has anyone used PickMeApp to get programs working and intact from one pc to another?

Cheers

I'd be suprised if I didn't have that archived somewhere
What the Printmaster? Be a lifesaver if you did.

We've plenty of other versions of it tbh, we've 3.1, Platinum 16 and two copies of Platinum 17.

The USB IDE caddy doesn't want to play at the mo to look at the old drives but have an internal one on a slide mount............just got to find a 40 pin lead to the mobo and a spare power connector inside! 

Thanks for all the help and pm's etc but I've only gone and FOUND the ORIGINAL disc!!!

In a sort of fold up cardboard storage thing marked "His" and "Hers" and it was of course in hers. 

Early Chrimbo pressie for me I reckon..............now what shall I ask for?  :innocent

Evening, so I have Printmaster running fine under Virtual Box with XP on. Forgot that I have yet to install a printer. Whacked in the HP disc. I get a message come up that one, I need to install a service pack and second that there's not enough RAM. Now, the service pack issue is no problem (I even have the unofficial SP4) but can I somehow allocate extra RAM to the XP install running under Virtualbox? Thanks.

OK, getting somewhere on installing the printer. Installed the unofficial XP Service Pack 4 (after first installing the "proper" SP2). Interestingly it now shows up in Properties as SP3!

So, just the RAM (virtual?) issue to sort. This is the message I get:

Selection_063.png

EDIT 1 : Playing around in the Virtualbox settings I found a slider to increase the virtual memory..............upped it to 256MB so fingers crossed!

EDIT 2 : BY THE POWER OF ASDA'S 3 FOR £20 DEAL (cider/lager/lager) we're getting somewhere!

EDIT 3 : Bowlocks! The HP software installed fine but the VM won't see the USB ports:

Selection_064.png

Never had this trouble with just the 'buntu running. Drivers, what are they???  :lol:

And now this ref the USB:

Selection_065.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Windoze, there us a reason they charge you for support, to make more money,

Since running 'buntu I've never needed a driver for anything other than getting me home from the pub.