Pipe repair

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is plastic pipe there is no problem
If it is copper it may compromise the bonding of the pipework depending on what edition of the regs the property is wired too

Thank you so much Bob. I'm doing a course to try and become a qualified electrician! That's why I paid to join this site today, to find people like yourself to help me with answers, that I'll need to get me through the course.

Thank you so much Bob. I'm doing a course to try and become a qualified electrician! That's why I paid to join this site today, to find people like yourself to help me with answers, that I'll need to get me through the course.
I was nearly killed by such an arrangement under a bath, a plastic elbow was allowing a pipe to be live without blowing the fuse

So what is your question regarding the insert of a plastic section into metal pipework?

I'm doing some course work, trying to become a qualified electrician, and I have to put in writing why is it dangerous to repair a pipe in a bathroom with a plastic connector? This is my question, so if anyone can help me, by letting me know the answer to this question I'd be much obliged. Thank you.

I'm doing some course work, trying to become a qualified electrician, and I have to put in writing why is it dangerous to repair a pipe in a bathroom with a plastic connector? This is my question, so if anyone can help me, by letting me know the answer to this question I'd be much obliged. Thank you.
What are your thoughts on an insulated section being put into conductive pipework?
We aren't going to provide an answer but we can help.

You can put plastic pipe in (as plumbers and diys do) but there is something else you need to do as well.

Hopefully that will be a hint.

But it's better if its repaired with copper.

Latest posts