PIR Form Trial Version certificate software

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PC Electrics

Reaction score
I've just spent a whole Sunday afternoon downloading and installing the trial version. Then filling in my details (name address, position, meter details etc etc). I then created my first certificate, an EIC for a board change. As the software comes with no "instructions" one has to find ones way around the software by trial and error, so it takes lots of time. Never mind, thinks I, I'm sure it'll be quicker next time. So I carry on - fill in all the details in every box for a whole EIC. Then when I come to prinrt it: it says "sample - not for issue" right across every page and there is no way to get rid of it. So I spent a whole afternoon creating a certificate I cannot use. I now have to go back to my old pre amendment Word based certs to do another cert for the same job to be able to issue to the customer.

I shalln't be trying it out again I'm afraid. As a self employed spark, I don't have time to mess around typing out certificates I can't use just for the fun of it, to try and get used to the new software. If it said "trial version" in the header and footer, or some other limitation, then fair enough. Surely it's a trial by virtue of being time limited software?

I used to be a Product Engineer in the automotive industry. User friendlyness was always a very high priority. Sorry, but this software isn't anywhere near as user friendly as it could be. I could fill in an EIC in about 10 minutes on my own Word based certificates, but my first EIC in PIRform took 2 hours. Despite the time it will take to recreate them, I will probably create my own amendment 1 certificates again in Word.

Sorry, just telling it as I see it.

OH, and the lack of a "single signature version" is a massive omission in my book. I think when you're giving out certs to a domestic or small commercial client it looks really unprofessional to have all those boxes.

Similarly the lack of any ability to save "templates". You have to fill in every box, every time. Time is money fellas!!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:07 ----------

Yea, I'm looking at EasyCert now Zee. i only went to PIR because it's via the ELECSA shop.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:07 ----------

Tysoft are forum sponsors. is there a forum discount off the normal

I have just downloaded icertifi from the AppStore. Use on both iPhone and iPad. Linked to Dropbox so can access anywhere on any format around the world

OH, and the lack of a "single signature version" is a massive omission in my book. I think when you're giving out certs to a domestic or small commercial client it looks really unprofessional to have all those boxes.Similarly the lack of any ability to save "templates". You have to fill in every box, every time. Time is money fellas!!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:07 ----------

Yea, I'm looking at EasyCert now Zee. i only went to PIR because it's via the ELECSA shop.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:07 ----------

Tysoft are forum sponsors. is there a forum discount off the normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts