Please help save Scotland.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything.

TBH I think the rUK should cast Scotland adrift ... they are running a 9% deficit to GDP and that's before the rUK withdraw the Barnet Formula subsidy worth about £1600 per person, then the Nuclear subs and all the support jobs south, then the DWP and HMRC jobs too......

The SNP would then have no choice but to implement some rather nasty tax rises and spending cuts........ the deficit is tough enough but losing about £8.5 billion courtesy of the Barnet formula is going to leave a very big hole to fill......

Happy to be corrected if anyone thinks my maths is wrong.

In 2011/12 Scotland contributed £56.9 billion in tax revenue, which is equivalent to £10,700 per person, compared to £9,000 per person for the UK as a whole; - since 1980/81Scotland has contributed £222 billion more in tax revenues than if it had just matched the per capita contributions of the UK

In 2011/12 Scotland contributed £56.9 billion in tax revenue, which is equivalent to £10,700 per person, compared to £9,000 per person for the UK as a whole; - since 1980/81Scotland has contributed £222 billion more in tax revenues than if it had just matched the per capita contributions of the UK
source for those figures please.

I'm not convinced by the tax contribution argument.... I have always lived and worked in the SE and this region contributes massively to the UK coffers..... Which is how it should work..... London and the SE don't ask for independence....

I'm not convinced by the tax contribution argument.... I have always lived and worked in the SE and this region contributes massively to the UK coffers..... Which is how it should work..... London and the SE don't ask for independence....

Couple of points I'd make,

Most of Scotland's tax contribution cones from oil, this will disappear as soon as seperatuon takes place, there is already contingency in place for piping it elsewhere.

The SE, would have nothing if it wasn't for the money markets, thereby falsely inflating its worth, 

And the rest of the country artificially propping up the associated trades to keep it afloat. IMO

My misses is a sweaty......

The impression i get, is that the Sweaty's think they contribute so much they would be better off alone.

Some think if they was independent they would all be walking around in top hats smoking cigars and driving a Roller thanks to there masses of oil, rather like a middle eastern country.

They also claim to want independence but then want to join the EU which strips them of making there own choices.

They are very bigoted and racist and hate the English.

Let them have have it and leave us alone is my opinion.

Latest posts