Power at one breaker, not the other and no tripped breakers.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at an event recently and there was a company there exhibiting a device for fitting inside consumer units to put out fires, basically it was a glass tube with a chemical in it which, in the event of a fire would break and put the fire out. The trouble was they were very expensive, iirc they were over a hundred quid, not something most people are going to readily splash out on.

Oulsnt it just be easier to stop incompetent people doing electrical work,?

Oh, sorry, then how would the sxams make any money,? my bad, :shakehead
The whole thing is rotten mate, the scam providers see nothing wrong with the short course "sparks", the teaching firms see nothing with the short course "sparks", obviously, and the board manufacturers think the new boards are a great idea, again obviously.

There's a woman who works with the wife, her granddaughter is living with this bloke and she was going on about how clever he was," he's opening his own business, he's a qualified electrician, and he's a qualified plumber/ gas fitter" she was telling everyone. "he must be a lot older than her then " commented my wife, (the girl is in her early 20's), "oh no' they're about the same age" she replied, my wife paused for a moment then replied, "so he's done the short courses then, Phil may only be a qualified spark but at least he did a proper apprenticeship", the woman has never mentioned him since. 

Latest posts