powering items on an independent power supply

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orange1

Reaction score
Hello,

I’m currently working on a project that has some specific requirements and am seeking some advice.

I’m currently building a very small room in a shipping crate for an art project. The room will be measured at 1 square metre. As it’s in a shipping crate the intention is to move it around to different exhibition spaces both in doors and out doors.

In the space I want to power a 3W E27 LED bulb, here is a link to it: https://busterandpunch.com/products/copy-of-buster-bulb-smoked

The bulb is fully dimmable, and I would like to install it so I can dim it, its 200-240V.

Additionally I would also like to power a small thermoelectric coolbox, I have found a suitable product, the WAECO TropiCool TCX 14. Here is a link to it: http://www.dometic.co.uk/product/waeco-tropicool-tcx-14/

As the room will be moved around, it will need its only independent power supply, that can’t be a petrol generator. The power supply needs to last for 24 hours before it needs to be charged again. I would like to know if anyone has knowledge of any suitable power units, that can power both the bulb and fridge, and that would be safe to use in a confined environment? as there will be people in the room.

I have found this product: the Inverter IVT PS-300 here is a link to it: http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/ce/en/product/513122/Inverter-IVT-PS-300-300-W-230-Vac-12-Vdc-230-VAC-12-Vdc-Fanless-UPS-function-Cigarette-lighter-plug-PG-socket-Cigar

I have never trained as an electrician, hence I am seeking advice, I’m not to sure on the calculations I need to be making to understand how much power I need and the best way for all this to be connected.

Along with finding a safe and suitable unit to provide enough power to both the fridge and bulb, I am unsure on setting up a dimmer for the bulb.

Tech for the Inverter:

Permanent current 1.4 A/AC, 10A/DC

Output frequency 50 Hz

Cooling Convection

Inputs Cigarette lighter plug

Outputs PG socket, Cigarette lighter socket

Input voltage 230 V/AC, 12 Vdc

Input current (max.) 5 A

Type PS-300

Power consumption (standby) 3.6 W

Input voltage 230 Vac, 12 Vdc

Output voltage 230 Vac, 12 Vdc

Category Inverter

Signal output type Sine wave

Features Fanless, UPS function

Width 145 mm

Length 240 mm

Weight 10.4 kg

Height 215 mm

Output PG socket, Cigarette lighter socket

Power 300 W

Remote control No

Tech for the fridge:

Storage volume (approx.) 14 l

Energy supply 12/24 V DC/ 230 V AC

Energy consumption (12 V) 46 W

Energy consumption (24 V) 50 W

Energy consumption (230 V) 64 W

Energy class A++

Cooling (below ambient temperature) max. 30°C

Heating +50 up to +65°C

Insulation Polyurethane (PU) foam all around

System TC special electronics: 7-stage temperature regulation for cooling and heating – LED temperature readout – Memory function saves the most recent settings – Membrane keypad protects the electronics from dust and moisture
Thermoelectric (Peltier system)

Material Injection moulded parts

Colour Dark grey / Pale grey

Dimensions (W x H x D) 450 x 328 x 303 mm

Weight (approx.) 5.0 kg

Test mark TÜV/GS, e-certified (Automotive EMC Directive)

All advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Latest posts