Predictions????

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have only one prediction.

If I am here this time next year I will be on a par with the greatest magicians of all time.

Faced with financial ruin I shall be strong and do my greatest survival trick ever.

Well I can only hope I do it

You having problems , Greeny ??Deke
I appear to be busy, and getting plenty of calls etc,but getting paid is a nightmare!

I am not really expensive, and have been undercut on loads of work this past few months.

I priced a job up before xmas and my materials list came out to about

I'm afraid it can happen all too often, most customers are looking straight down at the bottom line , sometimes to regret it later, but that doesn't help you.

Unfortunately I think you must push your ideals to one side in these hard times or the loonies will undercut you .

On saying that , Crabtree are not hugely more expensive than the cheapo stuff, most C/us are around the same price, Basec cable much the same .

There is a sparks I have known for years who ,these days ,does more plumbing, decorating, tiling etc. When he does a job it will be the best job you could get ,ever ,anywhere, he has great ideals on doing a good job, every tile is lovingly placed, the shower unit will be exactly equidistant between two tiles, if the tile shading is very slightly different in the next box, he'll fetch the lot off, take them back, complain loudly and start again . He will agonise over which light fitting use, the wiring in the loft will the neatest you have ever seen ,even when covered by lagging.

You will have the best fitted bathroom in the galaxy, you will show your friends round it, they will purr over the perfection of it all .

Unfortunately my good friend does not and never has , made any money from his efforts, but won't listen , its the way he is.

I'm afraid it can happen all too often, most customers are looking straight down at the bottom line , sometimes to regret it later, but that doesn't help you. Unfortunately I think you must push your ideals to one side in these hard times or the loonies will undercut you .

On saying that , Crabtree are not hugely more expensive than the cheapo stuff, most C/us are around the same price, Basec cable much the same .

There is a sparks I have known for years who ,these days ,does more plumbing, decorating, tiling etc. When he does a job it will be the best job you could get ,ever ,anywhere, he has great ideals on doing a good job, every tile is lovingly placed, the shower unit will be exactly equidistant between two tiles, if the tile shading is very slightly different in the next box, he'll fetch the lot off, take them back, complain loudly and start again . He will agonise over which light fitting use, the wiring in the loft will the neatest you have ever seen ,even when covered by lagging.

You will have the best fitted bathroom in the galaxy, you will show your friends round it, they will purr over the perfection of it all .

Unfortunately my good friend does not and never has , made any money from his efforts, but won't listen , its the way he is.
Very true, I am known as the only one who will do it right, great if they want it doing right, but more often than not they want it cheap.

Predictions?

Football (doesn't float my boat, so I'll pass this one)

Politics

Toires in at westminster, political fireworks between Scottish Government (Scottish National Party- Independence agenda) and Camerons gang

Global warming -

Whether it is happening or not we should be energy independent. This is the real issue

We are missing on givine people jobs and creating new wealth with the upcoming rush to greener technology

On a similar issue- I would like to see more Hydrogen cell powered cars (charged on excess / greener energy). This would cut pollution, keep the car industry and reduce dependence on foreign energy

To elaborate the oil issue- The SNP would argue Scotland would get around >82% of UK oil and gas resereves. The missed point is there is just as much oil off the West of Scotland as there is off the east

This may break up the UK if people moan about the freeloading Scots ROTFWL

On a similar issue- I would like to see more Hydrogen cell powered cars (charged on excess / greener energy). This would cut pollution, keep the car industry and reduce dependence on foreign energy
Baldy - the problem with hydrogen fuel cells is that it takes more energy to produce the hydrogen than you get for burning it! There is a net energy loss that is quite large AND requires additional power.

We need an industrial process/catalyst that gets us to a net energy gain from it and then the energy problems are over. Other than that we have nuclear or nothing!

We need an industrial process/catalyst that gets us to a net energy gain from it and then the energy problems are over. Other than that we have nuclear or nothing!
Patch, would not a net gain break the laws of physics? :coat

Energy conversion always = some loss, hence why perpetual motion engines are impossible

Patch, would not a net gain break the laws of physics? :coat Energy conversion always = some loss, hence why perpetual motion engines are impossible
Yes I know Blushing

My point was more that the system is very inefficient. We need to reduce this inefficiency as much as possible.

It makes the idea that hydrogen and oxygen 'burn' and only produce water if to produce a litre of hydrogen you generate a tonne of carbon dioxide!

Latest posts