Premier Elite 24W issue

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
My son has the above panel which I fitted about 6 years ago ( he has the same at work and I have one at home, probably fitted about 10 of them in total)
Yesterday he got a battery fault error. There was about 13.4 V at the battery, battery quite warm. Disconnected battery and put my ACT Smart battery tester on it....Low Current. Fitted new battery BUT Sytem Alert is still showing Battery fault. Will this clear on its own ? Battery is 2.1Ah and only had 1.3Ah In it according to tester. It's the only battery we could get at short notice

Any clues from our Texecom gurus?

probably clear once battery is a bit more charged. faulty PSU was a known issue (never had any myself but knew of some problems) although this usually comes up as power supply fault and not battery

im guessing you've already tried the old turn it off and on again?

The panel does not check the battery capacity, it does check the voltage.
As the battery has now been changed, have you entered the user code and pressed "reset"

Incidentally you should write the date on the battery, so that next time you will know how old it is, they should be changed every 5 years if you want a trouble free life, oh and the best brand of battery is Yuasa. (Anything else will work, but not last as long)

The panel does not check the battery capacity, it does check the voltage.
The built in battery test does a 10 second discharge check every 24 hours by default, this can be changed or turned off during the programming process
oh and the best brand of battery is Yuasa. (Anything else will work, but not last as long)
Seen plenty of different batteries in the last 40 years for the last 30 I will only fit Yuasa or Yucel which is the name they are branded with now as they are the only reliable brand I have found that will last at least 5 years

As for the Premier Elite panel the only battery capacities mentioned in the installation manual are 7AH and 17AH so it would suggest that a 7AH battery is the minimum required