Texecom Premier Elite - Smoke alarm replacement

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luckyboy

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a customer which has a Texecom Premier Elite intruder alarm system with wireless linked smoke alarms throughout.
One of the smoke alarms (OH-W) detector has become faulty and requires replacement.
Does anyone have advice on how to remove the existing detector from the system and add a replacement?
The detectors seem to also be named (i.e. the faulty detector is "LOWER HALLWAY") so ideally I would like to do a straight swap - I am not even sure of how these would be labelled as such?

For info - I did not commission the system, I only have the homeowners alarm pin. I am hoping the engineering pin is the factory one still.

Ta.

you'll need engineer code and go to learn sensors, programming new into place of old

id be surprised if the code hasn't been changed, although its an easy enough system to use, its not really aimed at DIYers...

As Andy points out, you will need the engineers code to change any programming, the customers code will be of little use.

Assuming you had the correct engineers code, you would then need to learn how to delete the old detector and then learn the new detector, as well as knowing how to test it properly.

It could be said that what you are asking is like a homeowner asking how to change two lights, but they have already started and have 4 cables hanging from the ceiling and what do they do now.

If you know what you are doing it is straight forward, if you don't know what you are doing you can try, you might get there, but you would be better off getting a person in who does this all day long, since they will be quicker, know how to do the job and be able to test it properly.

It's a shame they are radio devices, as if they were hardwired it would be much easier, what ever you do, do NOT take the battery out of a radio device (Unless you are just changing the batteries)

I would also suggest if you do ask an alarm company to do it for you, do ask them FIRST do they deal with Texecom, (Then ask them again to be sure) All alarm companies have their "favourite" brand of panel, each brand has its own "quirks" so in general they all work the same, but they are very different to work with.