Printers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voltimax

©CAHAGIYTYHE™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got to buy a new all in one printer/scanner/photocopier for the office.

I had an HP which was an ink thirsty beast, which is old and problematic now.

I used to have an epson printer which was a great little printer, so now I'm looking at epson again.

Not looking to spend big bucks and would prefer something that's economical on ink. Any suggestions?

I would also go for lazer. I would NOT recomend Samsung. have no end of problems with our all in one at work.

I am an HP fan. At work we have a Brother that works hard and has never been a problem.

i allways recommend epson printers got a bx300f all in one good unit shame its not wireless get full set of 4 inks for

Volti,

Recently got a Canon all in one laser printer/scanner/copier, unsb or networkable, scans direct to any pc on the network, 1st print out in a couple of seconds.

Uses HP cartridges, a guy I know in that business recons it is an HP inside a Canon box.

Full duplex printing will only scan one side at a time, but will scan bundles.

Scans to tiff, jpeg & 2 types of pdf straight from the printer control panel to memory stick or as I said any connected PC.

Use it in our office at home & have set up several pc's to connect no problem.

Works well for me.

Volti mateGet a CISS system from Shane at CityInkExpress

They really do rock, the dogs in my opinion

I have an all in one HP at home with a CISS fitted, just bought a new all in one HP for work and got a CISS to go with it - well cheap on running and easy to refill

Just check that whatever printer you get that they do a CISS for it, check in the drop downs or email them as they dont cover all models
+1 on the CISS :D

+1 on the HP ('cos epson are carp and dont supply the keys for open source :( )

had an epson scanner/printer/ copier in the office. Absolute rubbish. Got annoyed with it and pushed it off the desk then skipped it. Now use a Konica Bizhub C350 which does everything, costs

I also agree with the espon comments.You should go with HP printers they all are really superb.I know a site that provide a wide range of information about printers and also provide a lot of online printing services like postcard printing,Business card printing etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a HP all in one but half the time it refuses to scan and from the searches online it seems to be a common issue

yes i am getting scanner error 22, I have emailed HP and have been sent a link to a download to update the firmware. BUT why should I be faffing about like this with a brand new machine? if I dont get it resolved its going back.

I have had problems with the HP1217. Brand new last week, after copying a few sheets 'scanner error 22' came up which could only be sorted by switching off and on again. After eventually getting a reply from HP I was told to update the firmware and given a link. Did that and now I can photocopy but it refuses to print anything from my PC wirelessly or via USB. I spent about 2 hrs faffing then decided its going back. Boxed up and returned to Argos, vowed never to buy a HP again.

Had an HP Deskjet 950 but was fed up with high ink prices. Bought a Kodak........went wrong, Kodak sent two new print head things. Gave up with that in the end, foreign help desks etc. Wife then bought another cheapo Kodak........that soon went t!ts up too. Sh!te IMO. Back to HP with genuine cartridges. Quality is worth the price IMO.

Tesco cartridges for HP seem pretty good i bought 301XL black the other week printed loads of job sheets out since still going strong same quality as the hp cartridges too

I use tesco.and wars in my el-cheapo HP, I keep intending to get a CISS for it like the other one, but never get round to it, or justifying the 60quid, even though I know its a no-brainer.

Latest posts