Pyronix Euro 46 v10 alarm (engineer reset)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planetf1

Reaction score
Hi,
I moved into a property 2 years ago with this alarm installed. I know the master code.

A few weeks ago I started getting battery warnings, and then constant panel beeping. At the time I looked for the engineer code in case a reset was needed after self-replacement of the batteries, but couldn't find it (default didn't work)
Ultimately the beeping couldn't be canceled, so I powered down the entire system (the external bell only lasting for <5 minutes)
I now have a choice to a) ignore the alarm b) use the original installer for maint c) Self-manage the alarm (it's bell only) d) find an installer that will do a one-off service and reset code
I'm inclined to go for c. My issue is figuring out how to (ideally) reset the engineer code or Possibly factory reset

Any tips on this panel? I don't see any nvram reset in the manual. I've read about a possible 2 finger reset once logged in with master, but not found details.

Hi,
I moved into a property 2 years ago with this alarm installed. I know the master code.

A few weeks ago I started getting battery warnings, and then constant panel beeping. At the time I looked for the engineer code in case a reset was needed after self-replacement of the batteries, but couldn't find it (default didn't work)
Ultimately the beeping couldn't be canceled, so I powered down the entire system (the external bell only lasting for <5 minutes)
I now have a choice to a) ignore the alarm b) use the original installer for maint c) Self-manage the alarm (it's bell only) d) find an installer that will do a one-off service and reset code
I'm inclined to go for c. My issue is figuring out how to (ideally) reset the engineer code or Possibly factory reset

Any tips on this panel? I don't see any nvram reset in the manual. I've read about a possible 2 finger reset once logged in with master, but not found details.
sounds like it may have been the bell box battery.

Trouble with systems installed and locked down by the installers is that it's hard to change any codes or override settings, so possibly best answer is to replace bell box and panel with something from the likes of screwfix - it's not hard to do!

Trouble with systems installed and locked down by the installers is that it's hard to change any codes or override settings, so possibly best answer is to replace bell box and panel with something from the likes of screwfix

Sorry, in this case I do not agree.

The bell box could be set to sound for just 5 minutes, or it may just need a new battery.
The panel will have had an engineers code programmed in, it is there for two reasons,
1) so the customer can not "play with it" and in so doing change the programming without realising they have changed the programming.
2) So the next time the company engineer turns up he can "get into" the system in seconds to service the alarm, check a fault etc.
It is not "Locked down"

The pyronix euro 46 is one of the better panels out there, so why change it to something that is not as reliable and waste money in the process.

Also since the OP has the manual, it would make sense to default the panel back to factory settings.