Quattro install

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bladerunnerpv

Reaction score
Hi Ronski
was reading this thread...
https://electricianforum.co.uk/thre...ted-down-lighters-need-replacing.56129/page-2
and was interested in your system.

Just curious, what kwp of panels do you have connected to the victron MPPT unit ?

Also what made you go for the Quattro vs the Multiplus - I'm trying to get my head round victron kit to see if it's suitable for my hoped for system presently

Also do you have an overall block diagram / schematic for your system showing what connects to what you'd be happy to share?

thanks

I have 12 JA Solar 395w panels connected to two MPPT 150/45 solar charge controllers, they are 4 strings, with two strings connected in parallel to each SCC.

Victron have a useful tool for working out which MPPT to use https://www.victronenergy.com/mppt-calculator

I was going to use the Multiplus II 48/10000, but it is not certificated, or at least wasn't when I was designing the system and applying for the G99.

Just trying to draw the schematic now, its clearly going to take some time.

Hey, thanks Ronski

Yes seems like a few victron ENAs are taking their time, sure they will get there

thanks for schematic, will be interesting to see, don't feel you have to do it particularly neatly on my account, anything gratefully received :)

Been exploring a set up of around 2x10 x 400Wish panels + 2x 600W canadian solar to see what might be feasible. May need to use 2 x 250/70s or perhaps a 450/100 or 200, not worked out the most appropriate option yet.

Did you find there were any implications of using two strings in parallel vs a larger one in series ?

don't feel you have to do it particularly neatly on my account
I wasn't, the DNO requires it ;)

Only the Multiplus II 3000 and 5000 have ever been approved, the larger ones haven't, they are apparently going to be done, but no timescale.

Apart from requiring more cabling, and another isolator no real implications, in fact the opposite, as there are some shading issues, more strings means less impact of the shading.

Put your panel information in to the Victron calculator, and it will tell you what you can use.

A word of warning, whatever you think your budget is double, it gets expensive quickly.