Rangemaster 110 main oven light won't turn off - advice please

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo_Jo

Reaction score
Hi All 

It may seem a small thing but the light in the main fan oven of my Rangemaster 110 dual fuel oven just never goes off. The only way I can make it go off is by switching the cooker off at the wall. This means I have to reset the clock every time I need to switch on the oven and use it again. 

Also the temp indicator light on this oven also stays lit, whatever temp the oven is at, this never goes off - the oven seems to heat correctly. 

Be SO grateful for advice on what the issue might be.

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ANTICIPATION 

Joanna 

Hi Binky, thanks so much for the reply -  just spotted those buttons which may once have had a switch in, they are just holes. 

One light bulb sign, 2 empty buttons - one with a left arrow the other with a right. I have tried to depress or turn them using a slim screwdriver, they both click but nothing happens?

there's a button on the front to turn oven light on and off.
I just tried to reply to you Binky - pls see above, thanks!  tried to upload a pic but  not clear how to make that happen on here lol

One light bulb sign, 2 empty buttons - one with a left arrow the other with a right. I have tried to depress or turn them using a slim screwdriver, they both click but nothing happens?

OK, sounds like you need an appliance repair man or  new cooker. I wouldn't go sticking screwdrivers in th front to try and get the button working or at least be very careful - there's main voltage in there,. 

Latest posts