Re-siting bathroom light switch

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smurray

Smuz
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am currently having works done to my downstairs toilet and wanting to change the door opening to the other direction - problem is the light switch will then be behind the door. Currently there is a pull-cord light switch and I’m looking at moving the switch to outside the room.

Is this a big job? Roughly how much would I be looking at £££ to do this.

Many thanks for reading,

Sarah

I've seen this issue solved with a longer piece of cord and a screw eyelet above the opening side of the door!
Having the switch relocated as you describe will come down to how you want it done physically. e.g solid wall or plasterboard? Chasing out and replastering a solid wall? surface wired in trunking? It's all just time; the material costs are minimal.

Hello all,

I am currently having works done to my downstairs toilet and wanting to change the door opening to the other direction - problem is the light switch will then be behind the door. Currently there is a pull-cord light switch and I’m looking at moving the switch to outside the room.

Is this a big job? Roughly how much would I be looking at £££ to do this.

Many thanks for reading,

Sarah
Much easier to move the pull cord switch. I can’t stand bathroom switches outside the room.

Or Have both. Make it two way and put a dimmer outside the bathroom, so at night if you need to turn the light on you can dim it and you don’t have the noise at night from the pull switch!!

Latest posts