Re Using A Sky Router As A Wifi Booster

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gram1980

Reaction score
Basically as the title Is there any way to use my old sky wireless router and connect it to my new virgin router to enable me to get a good wireless signal upstairs in my house. When I'm on the laptop or iPhone/ ipad upstairs the signal strength isn't that good.

Cheers

Graeme

I had buffalo cable router in the past, wi fi from it was outstanding,

Signal was really strong, and, you could put a high gain antenna on it if you so wished,

I hate these routers now that come with a non changeable antenna,! headbang

You can do it but its not straight forward.

If you google it, there are instructions how set the 2nd one up, like setting within the same IP range as the master and setting passwords the same, so they are together.

I have tried and failed and just left the second device on its own, which is a pain if you are between the two.

If you find a nice and easy to understand step by step and works, post it up, and I will have a go.

A nice easy guide was what I was after as I'm a bit thick with computers , ill have a look & see what I come up with. Cheers guys

I showed a mate that cheapo Wi-fi extender in my post #7 and he got one. Reckons it's bang on for the money and even commented how well made it is. For another tenner I think you can find the same make 300Mbps one.

Last edited by a moderator: