Really?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nashey

Reaction score
Hey all

Not posted for a while, but always reading.

Was looking and some jobs today on a popular web site, there is no way i could do that amount, NO thanks.

Is anyone doing this type of testing/ is this the going rate?  Seems very cheap to me.

:Salute

Full and part time positions available. This is a self employed vacancy. Electrical inspector and tester needed to carry out national contracts. Must hold 17th edition, 2330 or equivalent electrical certificate. 2391 inspection and testing and PAT testing qualification is essential. Must hold a full clean driving licence and have own transport, although vehicle may be provided if not mileage will be paid for own car Must have own insurance and have CRB or be willing to undergo the processes. You WILL be required to do a lot of travelling and staying away from home.   Previous experience essential. Various positions available nationally.  
You will be paid £150.00 ad based on 50-60 Circuits or a small site rate of £75.00 based on 30 circuits. domestic contracts are paid £25.00 a house based on 5 a day.

The company has given an assurance that this vacancy enables workers to achieve a wage equivalent to the National Minimum Wage rate. Self-employed people are responsible for paying their own National Insurance contributions and Tax.

:slap

yer, they are all over the place,

I went to see a guy once that promised me over a grand a week of work, tyestin on the M60 ring and M62 corridor,

same thing, its a simple case of drive-by testing.

its a joke,,,,,,,,,

it just cant be done, thats why you are SE and its your insurance thats on the line.!

So they expect you to properly test 5 houses a day, including travelling time?

:slap :slap :slap

As Steps says, "yes it's got a CU, here's your certificate" and on to the next one.

Im currently getting £20 a PIR,!!!!!  for a firm I sub to,

but, I get the remedials as I go along, and empty council houses with usually only 3 or 4 circuits,

the remedials pay for the actual test, the £20 is merely a paperwork fee is how I see it.

Just a bunch of rip off merchants ,  I hate them ...trying to employ fully qualified sparks for ******-all a day , they can pi$$ off .

Must have :- 

17th edition.

A PAT testing qualification .    ( Why ?  You're a bleedin' sparks )

A clean licence    ( Why ?  What the hell,s that got to do with them ...have they all got clean licences ...bloody well sod off)

Own vehicle         ( What would they like you to have ?  A BMW,  Audi ,   I'll just wear my car out for you shall I ? cheeky prats)

Own insurance     (  So they are absovled from any claims) :(

CRB    ( Are they paying for it .)

Testing 5 houses a day    ( @  £ 25.00 ea..........  ferk right off you bunch of pi$$ taking to$$pots    You're dealling with skilled blokes here ..shove it!!!)

Anything else ???   A degree in atomic physics ....the ability to sing George Formby songs while submerged in a bath of Swarfega !!!!!   :angry:

They opt to pay you the National Minimum Wage do they ? :eek:     What for a fully quallified electrician !!!!!!!!!!!   headbang      I hope your business fails and you all rot in hell   Now get off your fat arses and keep your snotty noses out of electrical contracting !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a bunch of rip off merchants ,  I hate them ...trying to employ fully qualified sparks for ******-all a day , they can pi$$ off .

Must have :- 

17th edition.

A PAT testing qualification .    ( Why ?  You're a bleedin' sparks )

A clean licence    ( Why ?  What the hell,s that got to do with them ...have they all got clean licences ...bloody well sod off)

Own vehicle         ( What would they like you to have ?  A BMW,  Audi ,   I'll just wear my car out for you shall I ? cheeky prats)

Own insurance     (  So they are absovled from any claims) :(

CRB    ( Are they paying for it .)

Testing 5 houses a day    ( @  £ 25.00 ea..........  ferk right off you bunch of pi$$ taking to$$pots    You're dealling with skilled blokes here ..shove it!!!)

Anything else ???   A degree in atomic physics ....the ability to sing George Formby songs while submerged in a bath of Swarfega !!!!!   :angry:

They opt to pay you the National Minimum Wage do they ? :eek:     What for a fully quallified electrician !!!!!!!!!!!   headbang      I hope your business fails and you all rot in hell   Now get off your fat arses and keep your snotty noses out of electrical contracting !!!
Could not agree more

Their business won't fail.

As long as there are enough desperate mugs willing to work for that pittance.

they will be they are charging their clients a LOT more than £25 per house for the testing.

This firm is the electrical equivalent of the likes of Wonga (ripping off those who can leas afford it)

Last edited by a moderator:
not legal anyway, they are employing you and therefore should be taking CIS payments, as for staying away, I hope you like a sleeping bag in the back of a car. Would cost more for me to fill out cert than they are paying for house test.

Concur with snakey & Albert - though, CIS aside, it IS a disgusting state of affairs when these "companies" can set up & run these legalised "get rich quick" schemes - where they have NO case to anser when things go wrong, and the poor sap on the coalface has to take it up the rear with no lubricant! ( as per usual).

I`m with Deke - hang every one of the bar stewards from the nearest telegraph pole

Here's the tragedy of all this, I'll put money on they are an approved contractor of a said scheme.

So clearly the schemes must believe that this standard of work is acceptable? I never here of the schemes investigating this sort of outfit for sub standard work. But then I guess the firm isn't using the scheme logo illegally!!

Wrong.

HMRC declare I&T exempt from CIS.
Yeah, that's not what I meant though.

What i was indicating was if you are doing it for a builder or contractor a lot won't touch you unless you are registered through fear that they will foot your tax bill.

So they want to stop you 20%, we have exemption (old 715) so not an issue for us. 

Latest posts