Regulations concerning meter tails

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can get multistrand meter tails that are far more flexible - i forget the name they call them, superflex or something like that.
I used some for th first time recently

brilliiant

far easier BUT you have to retightennthem a few times

trirated....I've used trirated up to 300mm and bi rated above that. This stuff lies half way between standard tails and tri rated I reckon

Shouldn't fine stranded cores be used with ferrules in tunnel terminals?

(Just asking, I don't claim to know the rules here).
Ill try and find a bit to strip,and post a pic later

its not that fine really

this was in rising clamp terminals, torqued up, had a brew, re torqued, left it half an hour, retorqued, THEN I was happy with it

Tri-rated

tri rated cant be used as meter tails because its only single insulated, not insulated & sheathed, so would need to be fitted in conduit etc

the more flexible version isnt finely stranded either, it has more strands than the usual but they are still reasonable thick. although i have seen some that are finely strande like tri, but are correctly insulated and suitable

tri rated cant be used as meter tails because its only single insulated, not insulated & sheathed, so would need to be fitted in conduit etc

the more flexible version isnt finely stranded either, it has more strands than the usual but they are still reasonable thick. although i have seen some that are finely strande like tri, but are correctly insulated and suitable
Perhaps flexible are being sold as tri rated? 
https://www.google.co.uk/search?