Respected efficiency loss for wall mounted PV.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creakyride

Reaction score
What is the expected % loss between a 40° (garage roof) and 90° (panels on a wall) mounted solar PV, on a SW direction?

I am having optimisers for all 10 panels, 5 on SE, 2 on SW on roof and 3 on SW on the wall.

I decided to add the Tigo optimisers to unshaded section of the SW roof (38° pitch) as precaution, just in case my neighbor decides to build a loft conversion at later on.

The panels will be in 1 string according to the technical specs and connected on a Solid Hibryd 3.6 inverter. The panels are Trina S 400 Watts each.

MCS have a guide to expected outputs from different angles of panels, I would post it but this site doesn't like excel files.

Thing is with panels on a wall, they may not produce as much over a whole year, but will do better in winter, which is good for reducing winter bills, when we need it most. So it's not just a case of generating over the whole year.

I would also consider wiring as 2 strings, otherwise the wall mounted panels will be fighting the roof mounted units. Optimisers or not, it's worth avoiding.