RIP Sidewinder

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only just seen this post as I've been away this weekend...
very sad to hear...
RIP Paul, and thoughts and prayers are for his family & loved ones he has left behind.
:(

This is really sad news. I knew he was very ill, but this is still very sad. Condolences to his family and friends.

Hello there. I've not been on here for a couple of years now (stuff).

Thursday I found some old packaging from Paul so thought I'd dip in. He'd helped me with some work stuff and we'd spoken a few times by phone. When I went back to him he was too ill to help again but put me onto another company.

I came on last night and read he'd passed.

Very sad, great bloke.

@OnOff
Like myself Paul,did not suffer fools gladly or indeed appreciate being messed about by some faceless office jockey; here is my reasoning.

When I was diagnosed with cancer I had to cancel my NICEIC annual,audit. I explained this to the faceless office jockey and all was fine. A few months and a few tumour removals later I received a registered letter announcing that “ they had tried numerous times to contact me and I was now in the process of being removed from the role"

we’ve been paying their wages since we joined in 1956!,,,,

I mentioned this to Paul, arses were kicked, an apology received along with an admission that they hadn’t tried to contact me!

I know some stuff, but Paul’s archive was legend

I just came on to answer your earlier post but found it gone. Why?

If the mods don't want the post added to then lock the thread for further replies but again why the messing?

It's rather besmirching @Sidewinder 's memory tbh.

Do you know what really boils my urine?

When I had my Cancer issues the nominated charity of the NICEIC was Cancer Research 😡😂

they only publicise stuff like that to make themselves look good. many more do far better and its not widely known because they don't spend £4m to advertise that they have donated £1m to a charity