Running PV cables through isolators and combiner boxes?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronski

Reaction score
I'm starting to mount all my equipment on the wall, my electrician is extremely slow to respond, and its easier on here any way.

This is my planned layout:

Running PV cables.jpg

I have four DC isolators, one for each string. Is it acceptable to route the PV cable through one isolator, to the next, then out of that through the first combiner box and into the second?

Each isolator has two M20 knockouts top and bottom, so I thought of using flexible conduit between isolators and the first combiner box, this would make the cabling much neater.

I'm starting to mount all my equipment on the wall, my electrician is extremely slow to respond, and its easier on here any way.

This is my planned layout:

View attachment 14626

I have four DC isolators, one for each string. Is it acceptable to route the PV cable through one isolator, to the next, then out of that through the first combiner box and into the second?

Each isolator has two M20 knockouts top and bottom, so I thought of using flexible conduit between isolators and the first combiner box, this would make the cabling much neater.
You can do that if you like , although personally I wouldn't. I prefer to keep each run separate for ease of repair. Nothing to stop you using a bit of trunking for the cables.

I thought I'd add some pictures, any one spot any issues please let me know.

Attachments

• Combiners wired.jpg
    Combiners wired.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Combiners - protective cover on.jpg
    Combiners - protective cover on.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Isolators Wired to combiners.jpg
    Isolators Wired to combiners.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Covers on.jpg
    Covers on.jpg