School Trip Disclaimer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to update on my opening post: We contacted the school. It turns out a number of other parents have raised concerns over the wording with some crossing through the bits of the disclaimer they have issue with etc. End result is that my son is not now going on the "compulsory" trip today. (Will be staying at school doing something productive). Also the school have said that they are looking into their use of this particular external activity provider and such disclaimers for the future.

Only because I was upset at their wording seeming  an attempt to absolve them of pretty much any responsibility I tried a quick search on what I think are the companies involved and there are a couple came up that have very similar sounding names with seemingly crossover on the names of the people involved, a bunch of CCJs going back years and not much in the way of assets. Not too au fait with these sort of things but it seemed a bit fast buck/here today and good luck if you ever had to make a claim! I maybe be wrong but it's my children involved here.

good result then. although from the amount of complaints, you'd think the school would make the company change the T&Cs for everyone or go elsewhere

Seems like we're heading towards the sue-whenever-possible culture in the US. You have show extensive pet records there just to get your dog groomed in case you decide to sue if something goes wrong!