Shed board

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Got a customer who wants an outdoor socket and some lighting. He wants a 2 way cu in shed. The shed is used for storage only but the feed to it will be swa. Would you use a metal cu for the shed as I've got to gland swa to it. Just wondered what's the best way forward and how you guys normally do it.

Thanks

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 14:35 ---------- Previous post was made at 14:34 ----------

It's tns btw. :)

Matty. What is the main earth? I recall from the depths of the grey matter that you cant use a metal clad on a tt. But hay may be wrong.... But this does bring into question wether you are going to export the earth! Haha

Edit... Sorry just saw your edit :rolleyes:

Just use a metal board , M4tty , gland the SWA into it , 30mA RCD as main switch as the circuits are not important .

The only metal enlosure problem IIRC is if its fitted before a main RCD on a TT system .

I'm sure there'll be a dozen complications involving earth rods coming up but thats how I'd do it.

Matty. What is the main earth? I recall from the depths of the grey matter that you cant use a metal clad on a tt. But hay may be wrong.... But this does bring into question wether you are going to export the earth! HahaEdit... Sorry just saw your edit :rolleyes:
nothing wrong with metalclad on TT, however it must be after an RCD