ShinePhone app problems

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjroberts

Reaction score
Hi, I’m getting confusing info on the ShinePhone app too. I’ve got 2 SPH3600 inverters running and the current power is a bit confusing, I thought it would only show what is being generated but that doesn’t seem to be the case, sometimes I’m sure it shows what the batteries are also discharging 🤷🏼‍♂️. The other issue I have is that the batteries randomly charge overnight when the sun obviously isn’t shining. Any ideas why?

Split from hi-jacked post

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I’ve seen the setting and it is switched to disable. Actually just checked and that was on enable with no time set up, the other system was set to disable. I’ll see what happens tonight. I’ve only been looking on the app but logged in to the computer version this morning and it looks a better set up but couldn’t find any options to change the settings on that version

Yeah I’ve seen the setting and it is switched to disable. Actually just checked and that was on enable with no time set up, the other system was set to disable. I’ll see what happens tonight. I’ve only been looking on the app but logged in to the computer version this morning and it looks a better set up but couldn’t find any options to change the settings on that version
About the third or fourth section down, RH side a small icon with settings, not the usual gear wheel.growatt2.PNG

Last edited:
Thanks for your help
the web page is easier to understand than the app.
could you tell me if CT clamps be wired back to front into the inverter?
just been checking on the 2 systems and 1 battery is empty and the other is fully charged. I turned the full battery CT clamp round and the battery is now discharging.
I was having an email conversation with a Growatt support team the other day and he was saying that my clamps were the wrong way round even though they were facing load not meter as the installer left them. Could it be possible that 1 is the right way and 1 the wrong way?

The Growatt clamps have an arrow on them, if attached to the live tail the arrow should point to the consumer unit i.e. away from the meter. If theyre on the neutral tail, the opposite way round, the arrow should point towards the meter.

Thanks John i appreciate your help. I was thinking of the inverter end where they are connected, if they can be connected wrong that end

Latest posts