Should We Stay Or Should We Go

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
No not the clash...........................but the EU.

They want us to stump up an extra £1.7 Billion by December...................................cheeky hunts, hope spineless Cameron tells them to jog on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29751124

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we pay £17bn per year, and after our rebate of £3.3bn and payments for EU grants of £5.1bn out net input is £8.6bn give or take the price of a burger.

We do allegedly 40% of trade within the EU.

So the question is would we be better off as a country having an extra £8.6bn in our coffers and would the EU countries stop trading with us?

That elusive EU In / Out referendum needs to happen NOW.

Could this be the event that triggers it happening?

CMD needs to tell them no we are not paying it. If you try to insist we do, then we will hold that referendum as soon as physically possible.

Nigel must be getting excited.

Is have thought that you were all done in when it comes to referendums Dave! :coat
One of the many reasons for voting NO last month, was if I had not done so I would be excluded from this elusive EU referendum if it ever happens.

Why dosen t Cameron listen to ukip or get together with them ,they would be unstoppable ?

much rather he didn't get together with UKIP it's refreshing to have a new party on the scene to break the status quo.

As for EU, they sell more to us than they buy, but without a trade agreement, we would be seriously shafted employment wise short term, Manufacturers like NIssan would just move to EU.

What we need is trade links without the political nonsense, and a bunch of very expensive beaurocrats to waste money on.

Does anybody know exactly how Norway and Switzerland have done so well as non EU member states. Surely it's not impossible for the UK to eventually prosper without being a member of the EU too ?.

It's not just the uk that is leaning towards leaving the EU. Germany, france and Italy all have anti EU parties that are gaining support. Things that gets me is they are above the law and don't have to account for their spending.

David Cameron HAS at least  told them we are not paying it ON  DEMAND .

Twice this week I heard EU leaders saying we should do as we are told     ,   paying this money was one ...the other was we should put up & shut on overwhelming immigration to Britain .   A few empire builders there methinks!.    We have few friends over there I think. 

But I feel we are perhaps better off inside the tent Peeing out , than outside the tent peeing in .  

Ha, that prat Cameron thought he was clever a few weeks ago with all the fuss about "english votes" We all know he does not care in the least about that, it was the prospect of making the labour party lose 40 seats that he thought was clever.

Now, yes he had the labour lot stumped, but now he has a FAR bigger problem of his own!!

1, If he pays, he can forget the next election.

2, If he does not pay, he will be made to!! ha ha, cannot win!!!!

HE WILL PAY. Reason is, they can talk all they want about leaving the EU, they will NEVER do it, as this is where they ALL intend to get jobs when they are unelectable here. [Do a "Kinnock" as it were]

Now, we also all know that none of them care less about this country, lining there own pockets is all that matters to them. Look at the mess they are getting us in as regards power generation for one, all this wind power nonsense. They know it will never work, for obvious reasons, but why is so much money squandered on these things?? Because lots of them had a vested interest in the wind power firms. Camerons father in law earns £350,000 a year from them.

If you want to know what sort of lovely people these are, read this; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/countryside/8716138/Why-Samantha-Camerons-dad-is-stirring-up-a-storm.html

Back to the EU, as Steps says, the only reason they trade with us is because we are cheap. The french for example are very patriotic, and will only buy from us as a last resort.

Now, we would do far better trading with the rest of the world, we should make friends with russia for a start. Years ago when i was involved with a steel stockholder, all the delivery notes for the steel had stern warnings written on the back stating that you were not allowed to export this steel out of europe. Why?? My steel, do what i want with it...

Along comes Mr Farage. I am not saying he is a solution to the countries woes, but look at it like this;

1, He cannot be worse than the present lot [of all "mainstream" parties]

2, If he stops foreigners robbing the NHS, and DHSS or whatever they call themselves now, stops all foreign aid, stops immigration DEAD, dumps the EU, the country would have so much spare money slopping around they would not know what to do with it. They ought to get the navy to re-take OUR fishing grounds while they are at it....

Vote for UKIP and scare the hell out of the idiots [traitors] we have had for the last 40 odd years.

john..

But I feel we are perhaps better off inside the tent Peeing out , than outside the tent peeing in .  
think the EU see it that way too, otherwise it may result in collapse of the whole thing - now that would spell economic disaster for the world, one of the good things about the free trade arrangement was the elimination of import/ export costs. It also protects as against bullying from USA

How do you conclude world disaster? I'm pretty sure we ALL survived before the EU as it is today, some better than others I accept. But why should we pay toward the upkeep of other countries that offer little? Would we lay for the up keep of the Middle East? So what makes Europe any different?

we sell stuff to the poorer less industrial countries, but it also releases lots of money that would otherwise be wasted on beaurocracy to be spent on something more useful. Before EU we had the commonwealth, but that has been destroyed, so we are a bit stuck as a major exporter of goods and it would take ages to develope new markets. EU is the biggest trade market in the world, if that collapsed into chaos, it would have serious knock-on effects. Bit of a catch 22, we enjoy higher living standards as a result of world trade - look at how your grandparents live(d), but we suffer from it too as any reversal in fortune would hit us harder than the less industrial countries. Subsidising the poorer EU countries does fell like supporting UK benefits cheats though!

It's down to politics.

I'd imagine that it would be similar to Eurovision based on political likeability!!

If statistics are correct and 40% of our trade is with Europe are you saying that with less than half collapsing it would be disastrous?