signal generator 0-10vdc

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The issue is that the Chinese items may not be correctly CE marked and if buying them directly from China, you then become legally responsible for the safety and compliance of the product.

Sharpend is using the unit for business use, PUWER Reg 10 plus the LVD require the Ce to be correct.

Forget the Chinese Export nonsense.

It’s the law in the UK that’s important.

Fair comment about certification, but then again a device sourced from China is no less compliant than something "home-brewed", as discussed above.  

If the signal voltage generated is critical to the test in hand then it must be measured with a calibrated meter, regardless of where the signal is sourced.

Fair comment about certification, but then again a device sourced from China is no less compliant than something "home-brewed", as discussed above.  

If the signal voltage generated is critical to the test in hand then it must be measured with a calibrated meter, regardless of where the signal is sourced.
The difference is that it is legal to procure legally supplied components in the UK and assemble them into a development device for R&D purposes.

It is illegal to import and use a non-CE marked or non compliant complete device into Europe.

Nothing to do with measurement of voltages with calibrated equipment what so ever.

@Sharpend, sorry mine was not where I thought it was, I will have to look tomorrow in a couple of other places as I can't remember where I put it!

For me it's one of those "get out of jail free" type tools, you need it once a year, but when you need it you need it and you are goosed if you ain't got it!

Found my battery box yesterday, I've taken some pictures, and I can get +/- 12V out of the 2 x 9V batteries in series.

I'll post up the pics as soon as I can, been very busy today & will be tomorrow, probably the weekend, sorry for the delay.

@Sharpend and @Sidewinder raking about today for some timer relays and came across 3 or 4 of these 4-20mA to 0-10V Wago signal converters, if they are any good to you in your little project just let me know and I will post a couple of to you FOC, can’t see me needing them again.

PS only found one timer, was after two😀

003F99AB-AFB1-4B48-A49A-3E77ECD09DD7.jpeg

only found one timer, was after two😀
unwritten  rule of thumb ....if there is one then there MUST be another

after over a half a century of rooting around for stuff there is a Guaranteed FOOLPROOF way of finding the second......BUY AOTHER!

as soon as it arrives you will find the missing one

unwritten  rule of thumb ....if there is one then there MUST be another

after over a half a century of rooting around for stuff there is a Guaranteed FOOLPROOF way of finding the second......BUY AOTHER!

as soon as it arrives you will find the missing one
Probably right there 😀 thing is i had a few spare then I gave away a couple of them last year to my mate and used another one as a delay off for my wifes shed outside light so she could negotiate the bit just out of the door mmmm so how many of the Finder multi function timers did I have left spare mmmmmm

Latest posts