solis app readings

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy1733

Reaction score
since ive installed my batterys the solis app no longer shows self use (2nd image) i get the total yield in the first image top left. could it be i need a software update or is their a setting in the inverter that needs tweeking

solar 2.jpg

solar 1.jpg

Attachments

• solar 2.jpg
    solar 2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 0
that's abit odd as the numbers seem to stack up bar you generated 5kwh but charged the battery 9 kwh, or is some of that from the grid? Good bit is nothing eing exported.

Like all computers, you could power down and restart or update the app - or might be worth a call to technical help, they should be able to log on and force an update.

Yeah some of the generation is grid charging.
A bit strange it only shown up since I connected the 2nd battery. I Shall contact the tech department n see if they have any info

Yeah some of the generation is grid charging.
A bit strange it only shown up since I connected the 2nd battery. I Shall contact the tech department n see if they have any info
it might be that the inverter is fully charging the batteries to get them working properly, I've seen comments elsewhere about them doing this for new batteries.

I could understand that in the generation figures but would have thought it would have shown up in the consumption figures. The bit I don't understand is the app was recording the figures in the "self use" section fine when I had 2 battery attatched. When I added the 3rd is when the figures stopped showing.

Just look back over the past posts where I've posted clips of my app images and there all showing figures in the "self use" section upto begining of November. I had the 2 pylontec u2000 connected at this point. It wasn't till end of November when I fitted the u5000 battery and changed the chargetime to 12:30am-4:30am. I've sent a email to Solis. I will post their reply

Do you need to change the setting in the Portal to reflect your setup? I thought the app just mimics what is set there?
Have you logged into solis cloud and seen how its all setup?
Stu

Do you need to change the setting in the Portal to reflect your setup? I thought the app just mimics what is set there?
Have you logged into solis cloud and seen how its all setup?
Stu
I had 2 battery's fitted in July and I was still getting the full readings. I added a 3rd battery in November and after changing to octopus go I set the charge time from grid at 12:30am to 4:30am.. after adding the 3rd battery or setting the charge time I've now lost the self use reading.
Tbhthe set-up seems to be working fine it's just I can only see the yield for that day I can't look back at past readings. Geekish! Though I know it once worked and I can't let it go until it's working again. I will see what Solis tech team have to say. I may turn off the battery's and see if it comes back on.

Well I got a reply from Solis though I'm not sure how helpful it is.

This is Shawn who in charge of your country service, I'm local service engineer of HQ online Operation and Maintenance group, here is my answer about your question as follow:

You can try to switch off the "Force charge from grid" option on inverter,and little the battery stop discharge capacity, like from 10% to 20%, and this shoudl be working.

I did point out I needed to charge from the grid as I got the cheap overnight tariff (unless we have crossed wires)
And
I presume if I turn off the force charge from grid the timed charge from grid would also be turned off.

The battery discharge is set at 20%

I did mention the original 2 battery's i fitted in July were showing the figures fine but since I fitted the 3rd battery the figure always reads zero...

This was Thursday, I'm Still waiting his reply

Ok. I turned off the setting like Shawn from Solis recommended and even though yesterday's reading were still blank. Today I have started to get readings again. Hmmmm only down side my battery's are flat cos no overnight charge.
O well I guess I don't kneed to know my usage

I presume if I turn off the force charge from grid the timed charge from grid would also be turned off.
Force charge is something you can use midwinter / or when adding new batteries, to get them over the 20% and working at full tilt. Mid winter it's nt unusual or batteries to get below 20% during extended periods of dark gloomy weather, which then prevents them charging up when the sun pops out at anything other than a trickle rate. I don't think that will affect the timed charge.

Just look back over the past posts where I've posted clips of my app images and there all showing figures in the "self use" section upto begining of November. I had the 2 pylontec u2000 connected at this point. It wasn't till end of November when I fitted the u5000 battery and changed the chargetime to 12:30am-4:30am. I've sent a email to Solis. I will post their reply
Have you got the us5000 set as your "primary" battery? As I understand it the us5000, being the newest one, ideally needs to be set as the primary battery. Not sure if that will make a difference 😜

Have you got the us5000 set as your "primary" battery? As I understand it the us5000, being the newest one, ideally needs to be set as the primary battery. Not sure if that will make a difference 😜
Yeah. I had 2 us2000 then added the US5000.
As mentioned above, I turned off the force charge from grid and yesterday I got the missing readings. I guess this is a known issue with Solis as they pointed me str to the problem..

Force charge is something you can use midwinter / or when adding new batteries, to get them over the 20% and working at full tilt. Mid winter it's nt unusual or batteries to get below 20% during extended periods of dark gloomy weather, which then prevents them charging up when the sun pops out at anything other than a trickle rate. I don't think that will affect the timed charge.
I can't find anywhere where I can turn off the forced charge from grid without turning off the timed charge from grid. Unless I'm missing something

Latest posts