Solis error 2015 . BMS

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FibreBubble

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have a Solis G98 inverter with 2xPylontech 3000 batterys. The inverter emailing me the following. By the looks of things it is on sunny days when the battery is full. The error will clear itself after a short while.

【Solis Cloud】
The SN 6031023226140129 inverter in your FibreBubble plant has an alarm, please deal with it as soon as possible
Go to view alarm information
Alarm code: 2015
Alarm time: 2023-04-08 13:16:10
Alarm content: Alarm-BMS
Processing method: 1. Click to see the details of the alarm. 2. If it is still not resolved, contact the factory's customer service.

It's done it 3 times today. Does anyone know if there is something I should be doing about this.

Thanks

I have a Solis RHI-3.6k-48ES-5G inverter with 2 Pylontech batteries. I have had 30 of these error messages since installation of my system in September 2022. My supplier (Homesmart Energy) tell me that this is a problem with the Solis App reporting an error when it should not. The most recent explanation is that it is caused when there is no or very low PV and the load from the house is relatively high. Homesmart say they cannot fix it and we simply have to wait for another update from Solis But I don’t have a date for that. On my system the alarms do resolve themselves and Homesmart say it does not impact the operation of the system. I would recommend complaining to your installer so we can exert some pressure to solve the problem which I have had for 7 months.

Not sure if this is of any help to either of you but here is the gist of an email I saw on another forum from Pylontech in regard to Solis inverter use.

When you set the inverter to Pylontech it leaves the voltage range at 42-60v even though the operational range of the battery is 45v to 54v. So make sure Pylontech is selected, then adjust the charge voltage to 45v to 54v. Split down any stacks into individual batteries, charge each one to 100% then restack them.

I hope this is of help to you.

Thankyou both for your input. I will make the suggested charge adjustment and hopefully some sunny days next week will test it.

We get this exact alert every time the sun shines more than few a few hours. We had our system installed by Homesmart Energy too! Have tried emailing them a number of times, but have never once gotten a reply. I think I've had about 10 alerts since beginning of the year.

Also noticed, my alert typically happens when the battery is around full charge.

Did the charge adjustment worked for you?

Hi. I held tight after an update from Solis Cloud. The alarm reappeared on April 29th. I have now dropped the battery float voltage to 53.5v and am awaiting developments.

Is that easy to do on the Inverter? Our inverter is in the loft, in a very tight space - so going to get as much information on how to adjust it before climbing up.

Hi. I held tight after an update from Solis Cloud. The alarm reappeared on April 29th. I have now dropped the battery float voltage to 53.5v and am awaiting developments.
I had a call from a technical support guy at Homesmart Energy last Thursday who talked me through changing the inverter settings. He wasn't sure it would solve the problem but was cautiously optimistic. Floating Voltage was changed from 55v to 51v along with other changes. Strange that after months of being told the alarms were caused by a bug in the Solis App they have now gone for the inverter settings. No sunny days yet so we will see!

Alarm triggered today after 2 weeks. I have now dropped floating voltage to 52.5v and will see how I get on. How are you doing, Dissapointed Solar?

Alarm triggered today after 2 weeks. I have now dropped floating voltage to 52.5v and will see how I get on. How are you doing, Dissapointed Solar?
Shame you got an alarm, so far I haven’t had any alarms since changing the settings but we haven’t had much strong sunshine so no high generation days which tend to trigger them. Fingers crossed 🤞

I also have a Solis RHI-3.6k-48ES-5G with us3000 and us5000 batteries operational since Feb 2022.
I have have two 2015 errors messages over the last week though none previously, my default 'Pylon LV' settings were
Floating Charge 53.5v
Equalisation 55v
As my errors occurred at 100% full batteries I wonder if the Equalisation is the problem and what the algorithm is,
I have reduced the Equalisation voltage to 54v and will see if it helps.

Also I found the comment from Victron below:

When DVCC is enabled, the battery (via the CAN-bms) is responsible for the charge voltage. The Pylontech battery requests a charge voltage of 53.2V. We have however found that in practice this is too high.

The Pylontech battery has 15 cells in series, so 53.2V equates to 3.55V per cell. This is very highly charged and makes the system prone to go overvoltage.

It should also be noted that a LiFePO4 cell stores very little additional energy above 3.45V.

For this reason we opted to override the BMS and cap the voltage at 52.4V. This sacrifices almost none of the capacity and greatly improves the stability of the system.

My Victron / DIY battery has 16 EVE cells in series, I run a maximum charge voltage of 54.4 to keep the temperatures down (it hasnt been a problem) and to prolong battery life. That equates to 3.4v per LifeP04 cell which I find ideal. I also current limit down from the 70 amps to 55 amps.

victron v.PNG

My Solis/ 3x pylontech are running at 51.2 ATM. Not had any problems or alarms from the app/inverter

Locked to prevent being hi-jacked (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts