Some Carp On Ebay

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timgdean

Reaction score
well, unless I cant see the fusing down of the usb wires then surely that is illegal to sell for installation on a UK ring final,

the usb circuit is obviously a spur off the ring using undersized cables [bell wire more like], which unless fused down is not permitted under BS7671, so, Id really love to know if these have any BS approval, but I doubt it.......

"Wiring is also the same as ordinary sockets. it can be used with the connection of two wires"

Oh no it's NOT

For a start the switch is not connected. It's up to the installer if you connect the switch to the 13A socket, the USB power supply or both.

I can't see these are safe or legal. I certainly would refuse to fit one.

yep, Ive installed a few of them, and all have fusing of the USB ports, in one form or other,

I deffo wouldnt want to be trusting charging even my £50phone with one of those chinese carp thingies,

imagine, do a £50 job and get stung for a grand repair bill cos its blasted someones tablet, or worse, 230 into someones phone while they are using it!  :eek:

mmmmmm,

getting me thinking now, how do the ethernet ones work?

I was actually thinking about getting 2 of those due to wanting to move the router to the one point in the house I have no cat5e !  typical!!!!!!

has anyone ever tried internet over telephone cable? or is that just mad fantasy land?  :|

If you want a quality one for perhaps a european stereo why not see if Richard wassisname does them. Probably about £2000 each but such quality.
Im pretty sure you have mistaken him for his brother, Russ, the Andrews brothers can be very easy to mix up, most con-artists look alike these days.   ;)

They have got the same outlet as the adapter I posted a few weeks back. No shutters makes it not allowed before all the other faults. We fitted a 'proper'' make of these in each room of a recent refurbishment and were amused that 99% had a usb charger adapter plugged into the 13a socket.

mmmmmm,getting me thinking now, how do the ethernet ones work?

I was actually thinking about getting 2 of those due to wanting to move the router to the one point in the house I have no cat5e !  typical!!!!!!

has anyone ever tried internet over telephone cable? or is that just mad fantasy land?  :|
I picked up a couple of adapters similar to these cheap off a fella at work:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004INVKP4/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000RPXI02&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0MHYQ6A4GRQJ58F87CHF

Have one connected directly into one of the Router ports and the other feeding a multimedia player downstairs - streams HD films etc from a NAS device also connected directly to the Router with no probs at all.  Mine are a couple of years old now so pretty sure the newer ones will be capable of much quicker connection speeds these day - guess it'll also depend on the capabilities of your Router too though.

The ones I posted in another thread I have 3 fitted in my house, not cheap over £80 for a pair, but I wanted pass through so I did not lose an outlet, also they are 200mbps. streaming with no buffering at all, using one for my Pi, another for a laptop and the other for my daughters bedroom PC, the other 2 Pc's are wired with Cat5, also the printer.

well, unless I cant see the fusing down of the usb wires then surely that is illegal to sell for installation on a UK ring final,the usb circuit is obviously a spur off the ring using undersized cables [bell wire more like], which unless fused down is not permitted under BS7671, so, Id really love to know if these have any BS approval, but I doubt it.......
No different to all those plug in PSU 's you and everyone else uses

I do wish forum members would be more pacific in their forum topic titles...

As a big fishing fan I clicked on what I assumed would be a decent link for some interesting information on carp or at the very least something about the family Cyprinidae that comprise the carps, the true minnows, and their relatives (for example, the barbs and barbels) commonly called the carp family or the minnow family .......

Last time I checked they had no Ethernet port nor could they be used as an Internet hub of any kind.... Unless you believe that babel fish rubbish from hitch hikers guide to the galaxy......