Some sort of float operated switch needed.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We used a set up from RS a while ago, sorry I can't find the details now, it was basically two stainless steel rods, a control box , you adjust the length of each, to read the fluid level, low voltage wired via a relay to start the pump. No moving parts so quite relyable.Deke
Thanks Deke..... but not actually needed to work the pump...

Just an alarm when the existing pump fails so water level gets too high!

:)

ps

I laddered the blue stockings today.....

mind you they didn't look good with me wellies!!!!!ROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL

Guinness

You can use that device for anything really, I 'm sure it had some clean contacts you could use for a warning device .Go for tights in this weather , much warmer.
Who remembers when there was a cold snap quite a few years ago. There was a shortage of tights due to lorry drivers wearing them under there trousers. Another piece of useless information.

Batty

Buy a diecast limit swich fit it above the level of the cess pit, use a ball cock float attached to some fishing line.

You can adjust and test without going into or opening pit also easy to pull bollcock float out to clean if required.

Any !/2 tidy wholesalers will have limit switches in stock cost Zilch but easy to maintain and test.

Latest posts