Standby for more red tape.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn’t it better for me to have the choice who and how I work? So I don’t get holiday pay or sick pay or a vehicle or tools but I do have the choice to say NO and go elsewhere and I should have the choice to say I’m happy working with this firm I’ll stay with it for the foreseeable. If I’m happy with the agreed earnings then what the courgette has it to do with anyone else? My average pay is always higher than an employed person so it’s up to me to spend/save it wisely, providing I pay my tax at the current rates then what’s their problem? 

Here’s their problem with it, they have no control, end of. 

Well tuff ****. 

No, the problem is, that you are avoiding paying national insurance and so it the employer..

So far as i know though, if the **** does hit the fan, you will be ok, but the firm will be in big ****.

Do you do work for several people or just the one firm?? If you did other work, even small jobs for others, then you would be ok..

john

We do pay NI, not only each week but also on the taxable profit at the end of year. 

So I pay tax and NI, should the company pay NI for an un-employed worker? Next you’ll be asking them to pay me a pension. 

They are supposed to pay holiday pay however none ever do. 

However I can think of many ways the gov can save/recoup much more money than they are losing. Start by making the big companies pay the correct amount rather than their proposed amount. 

IR35 was supposed to stop all this carp ............................... its simply not followed to the letter.

I'm SE and invoice about 20 different people each month....

James O'Brien on LBC claims to be self employed, but he's on air from 10am to 1pm 5 days a week about 44 weeks of the year. Hardly self employed is he?

Hi Murdoch,

One law for rich people and another for the rest of us.. You are obviously self employed, but the bloke on LBC is definitely not.. Can he send someone else instead of himself?? Can he turn up when he likes?? Right, he is DEFINITELY not self employed then.. Why are the HMRC not banging on his door looking for tax and NI then??

john..

Hi Murdoch,

One law for rich people and another for the rest of us.. You are obviously self employed, but the bloke on LBC is definitely not.. Can he send someone else instead of himself?? Can he turn up when he likes?? Right, he is DEFINITELY not self employed then.. Why are the HMRC not banging on his door looking for tax and NI then??

john..

Quite.

Its a bit like footballers .............. they are similarly not generally "employed" by the Club ...................... 

These would be such easy pickings for HMRC, its a wonder why they don't get stuck into them!