Strange 125A fitting

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dairyspark

Reaction score
Hi all,

Got sent this by my old apprentice, it’s attached to a giant air compressor. Never seen one with straight in line pins before. Anyone any idea what and why it’s different lol

Attachments

• 03E46EFE-B763-4366-ABE8-CE0C35F1DA14.jpeg
    03E46EFE-B763-4366-ABE8-CE0C35F1DA14.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Three phase with Neutral pin on the socket?

Last edited:
hree phase without Earth and Neutral?
There is a fourth pin at the top. I didn't see it at first. Also the centre pin appears to have an earth mark. Still a stranger to me though, and I favour the Reyrolle suggestion at a guess.
Alternatively what happens in USA, I guess they don't use BS parts.

Yes I did not see the top pin at first, also the hole at the bottom to presumably receive a pin from the socket, very strange.

Well done a million years in the industry and I have never seen a plug like that.
On a site I worked on 40 or so years ago I fitted a lot of Marechal stuff and I have used it occasionally since then, the Marechal plugs and sockets have a very distinctive shape so they are not easily forgotten

Well done a million years in the industry and I have never seen a plug like that.

Oh no....😦o_O
He's at its again.... :rolleyes:

We ALL know you have must have been in the industry for at least 1,034,507 years......???
(by the calculation using... "Years on the forum", "Quantity of posts", "Number of letters in your name", "Scoob count", "Birth date & year of your grandparents combined", "Frequency of meter calibration", "How many half-used coils of T&E you still have in your Van X Garage", Plus the number of push-fit Wagos - Lever Wagos, you still have in your back pocket at the end the average Wednesday and Friday!!).