Strange human behaviour

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK I know there are not too many soccer fans on here but.....

I witness again this strange behaviour of the British supporter.           

The scenario is , Aston Villa are getting a new manager , Steve Bruce , who seems to be an OK guy & knows his business .

He was manager of Birmingham City , this is unfortunate because it prompts hatred from the fans because of the close placement of the clubs   :C yet they are all Brummies. 

The strange thing is ....had the guy come from West Brom , a similar distance away , the hatred would be lessened ....but still there...  had he come from Manchester  or Newcastle he would have been welcomed with open arms .

Most of the players now are not even from Britain but don't you come here from a neighbouring club!!

Just  strange . 

Football is a strange thing, more of a religion?

When I first moved here, I encountered the question "Who do you support, Celtic or Rangers"?  "Neither"  "Who do you support, Celtic or Rangers"  "neither"  And so it went on.  They could just not compute I had no interest in football and supported neither of them.  It really was like I as being asked are you Catholic or Protestant.

I now actively avoid talking about football, especially in a pub.

Football is a strange thing, more of a religion?

When I first moved here, I encountered the question "Who do you support, Celtic or Rangers"?  "Neither"  "Who do you support, Celtic or Rangers"  "neither"  And so it went on.  They could just not compute I had no interest in football and supported neither of them.  It really was like I as being asked are you Catholic or Protestant.

I now actively avoid talking about football, especially in a pub.

Ok, let me ask you a different question Hibs or Hearts?

:innocent

@steptoe yeah they beat crusaders today.

I take it you don't like coleraine.
Oh, on the contrary, many a good night I spent round Coleraine, ;)

Got my first tats done at Sailor Bill's, before his son took over, used to drink in the forge , 

Ballysally, that was an eye opener for anyone, :eek:

Do coleraine hate Ballymena then,? In the football sense,? 

Only time I was ever at Ballymena showgrounds was for the agricultural show, or the Stockies  on a weekend , :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, on the contrary, many a good night I spent round Coleraine, ;)

Got my first tats done at Sailor Bill's, before his son took over, used to drink in the forge , 

Ballysally, that was an eye opener for anyone, :eek:

Do coleraine hate Ballymena then,? In the football sense,? 

Only time I was ever at Ballymena showgrounds was for the agricultural show, or the Stockies  on a weekend , :D
Yeah local rivals, purely football, obviously not in the demographic sense. If you know what i mean. I was in ballymena for the am2 and that was it lol. I was in coleraine a few times when on trips to portstewart and that.