Moronic Behaviour !

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was reminded over the weekend as to why I stopped going to soccer matches .

Local FA Cup derby between  Villa & West Brom   which included ripping seats out and throwing them down onto other fans .  A pitch invasion  2 mins from the end .

Very , very intimidating behaviour on the streets ,(unreported)   Fans hiding their scarves etc to avoid confrontation .   The only sport where this occurs .

Now the strange with this is , if a team from London , Manchester , Geordyland ,whatever , in general they travel down , play the game , beat the Villa,  and go away again .  All is well.    Normality reigns.

But in this area there are  four teams within 4 - 5 miles of each other  and Wolverhampton slightly further.

The animosity between their supporters is  , in some cases , beyond belief .   It seems that a football fan understands the concept that coming from Liverpool you may support them or Everton   but if you live next door & support Villa not Birmingham ...you are the enemy !!! . Theres a lad in hospital from the Wolves match , hit by a flying seat.

Villa fans hate Blues 

West Brom fans hate Villa  & vice versa.

Wolves hate West Brom  & vice versa. but don't mind Blues or Villa so much .

West Brom also hate Blues.

Blues hate Villa

Everyone likes Walsall .

Walsall I suspect don't like Wolves .

Wolves not bothered.

A Blues fan I worked with would not pass  Villa Park but would make a detour.

Point I'm raising is ........ they carry this hatred with them to the grave .   

Not all can tarred with same brush I know ,,,a load of Villa & West Brom fans arrived on the same bus without trouble .

While on holiday in Egypt I went into a bar which was run by an English bloke.

Soon as he spoke I realised he was from the midlands so had a chat.

'Who do you support?' I asked

'West Brom' he replied.

'Oh Ok, I'm Villa' I said

'I f***ing hate Villa!' he snarled!

Obviously this hatred was greater than his desire to be reasonable to his customers and make a few quid.

Unbelievable!

Same here, They are all of a "certain mindset" shall we say...

Words like "Halfwits" and "immature" spring to mind...

Ever seen any fighting at bike or car racing?? Thought not, if there was the whole lot would be banned tomorrow..

john..

I enjoy nothing more than watching a good full on game of footy.............. local town team not the premier primadonnas. 

or a cricket match.........except the current poor show put on in the world cup............15 runs!!!

not long after I moved here, someone posed the question "Who do you support Celtic or Rangers?"  

Neither

"no, who do you support, Celtic or Rangers?"

Neither.

That conversation could have gone on all night. The fact i support neither and have little interest in football just didn't compute.

not long after I moved here, someone posed the question "Who do you support Celtic or Rangers?"  

Neither

"no, who do you support, Celtic or Rangers?"

Neither.

That conversation could have gone on all night. The fact i support neither and have little interest in football just didn't compute.
I suspect that was a Catholic / Protestant question dressed up as a football team question?

Rugby is totally different, often mixed supporters in the same stand/seats next to each other.

Look at the contact in Rugby....either code

Rip each others heads off, blood everywhere. Bloke comes on to pitch, sews players head back on and they carry on playing./

Shake hands at end of match

Daughters mate in the Olympics playing Hockey for GB....smashed in face, damaged jaw. Taken off, came back and played in next match!

Footballer....breaks a finger nail or has a bad bout of windy-pops....gets carried off to intensive care!

Tunch of bossers the lot of them. Your views/opinions may differ ( but you are wrong )

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here, They are all of a "certain mindset" shall we say...

Words like "Halfwits" and "immature" spring to mind...

Ever seen any fighting at bike or car racing?? Thought not, if there was the whole lot would be banned tomorrow..

john..
tell you better than that John

motorsport [rallying in particular] and road racing, totally transgends religion in Ireland, north and south,

not many things have ever done that,,,,

I suspect that was a Catholic / Protestant question dressed up as a football team question?

Rugby is totally different, often mixed supporters in the same stand/seats next to each other.
I'd agree,

see above,

Daughters mate in the Olympics playing Hockey for GB....smashed in face, damaged jaw. Taken off, came back and played in next match!

Yes I saw that, she was unbelievable.

Latest posts