Suicidal Polish Builders

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So one of my jobs at the moment is knocking a large cottage and a small cottage into one bigger house. (I'm not doing the conversion, just the wiring)

So, last week, in the small cottage, I removed the old consumer units in preparation for the Hydro coming to remove the meters and the supply from the small cottage.  A new CU for the small cottage will then be fed by a submain from the big cottage.

I told the Polish builders, if you need power before the new CU is connected, run an extension lead from next door.

2 days off on another job, I go back this morning.  FFS what do I find?

A bit of 1.5mm flex connected DIRECTLY to the meters output terminals feeding a trailing 13A socket.

It's a good job I was the only one there today, I would have gone balistic at the Poles.  Not least, because if the Hydro had turned up to disconnect their equipment and found that, they would not be amused, and as the spark on the job, I would probably get the blame.

The flex and trailing socket is in the skip. And there's now no fuse in the holder in the cut out to stop them doing it again.

(hang on that's a bad plan, I didn't remove all the nails from the site)

Last edited by a moderator:
i worked on a massive site in poole, flats

poles were thowing new rolls of of isulation down the stairwell 4 stories whilst i was going down i reported it --- nothing was done i,m an agency subby

Latest posts