supplementary bonding

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robj63

Reaction score
Do i need to supplementary bond a bathroom radiator if it has copper pipes connected with plastic push fittings .I was thinking I may need to bridge the plastic

Any suggestions and thanks in advance

Rob

and the installation is to what specs.?

you are a DIYer or something else.?

DIYer is fine by me, would be nice to know though as if you are a spark then you really shouldnt be asking this question AND IT THEREFORE BEGS THE QUESTION AS TO WHY ELECTRICAL WORKS ARE BEING DONE IN YOUR BATHROOM BY A NON PART P REGISTERED PERSON.

(sorry about the CAPS and Im not typing it again, :Blushing )

Do i need to supplementary bond a bathroom radiator if it has copper pipes connected with plastic push fittings .I was thinking I may need to bridge the plastic Any suggestions and thanks in advance

Rob
What RCD protection is in place?

What is the existing continuity reading between the rad on other exposed/extraneous conductive parts?

What work are you doing that warrants this question in the first place?

As Steps said

You need to put a bit more meat on the bones or tis bit hard to answer?

:)

and the installation is to what specs.?you are a DIYer or something else.?

DIYer is fine by me, would be nice to know though as if you are a spark then you really shouldnt be asking this question AND IT THEREFORE BEGS THE QUESTION AS TO WHY ELECTRICAL WORKS ARE BEING DONE IN YOUR BATHROOM BY A NON PART P REGISTERED PERSON.

(sorry about the CAPS and Im not typing it again, :Blushing )
Steptoe Mate, I know where your coming from but it must be said that your reply was a bit Harsh . The reply from Special Location was a lot more helpful to a new member.

More info from the OP is required before help can be given and it could well be that no electrical work is being carried out , except maintaining the Supp Bonding requirement,which isnt notifiable under Part p....as stated, I can understand the reasoning behind your reply from the safety aspect but also the OP needs the right to reply before we jump down his throat :D

Steptoe Mate, I know where your coming from but it must be said that your reply was a bit Harsh . The reply from Special Location was a lot more helpful to a new member.More info from the OP is required before help can be given and it could well be that no electrical work is being carried out , except maintaining the Supp Bonding requirement,which isnt notifiable under Part p....as stated, I can understand the reasoning behind your reply from the safety aspect but also the OP needs the right to reply before we jump down his throat :D
sorry, but I thought upgrading or changing the earthing in a house was electrical work, and as its in a bathroom it would be notifyable.

perhaps its only very recently that NICEIC have removed this part from their online notifying form, it was there a few weeks ago.

sorry, but I thought upgrading or changing the earthing in a house was electrical work, and as its in a bathroom it would be notifyable.perhaps its only very recently that NICEIC have removed this part from their online notifying form, it was there a few weeks ago.
It was still on the ELECSA notification form standard list just yesterday!

According to 'Approved Document P' -- Table 1 Pg 8

Work that need not be notified to building control bodies

Installing or upgrading Main or Supplementary Equipotential Bonding

According to 'Approved Document P' -- Table 1 Pg 8Work that need not be notified to building control bodies

Installing or upgrading Main or Supplementary Equipotential Bonding

I was going to say that. Presumably to allow plumbers etc to replace bonding/supp bonding without having to have any scheme membership?

so why are the scheme providers asking about it then.?
could it be they get their money for notification if building control require it or not.